Chapter Five | Heartbeat

This love just wasn't enough for us to survive
I swear, I swear, I swear I tried
You took the life right out of me
I'm so unlucky I can't breath
You took the life right out of me
I'm longing for your heartbeat
Heartbeat, heartbeat

~~~~~

B R I A N N A

I quickly woke up once I felt the car come to a rough stop.

I felt August's arm lock around my waist again as he started to speak. "Damn Amber did you forget how to drive while I was away."

"Shut up." She mumbled as she cut the car off.

"Why did we stop? Do you have to pee again Amber?" I questioned as I sat up a little more.

She laughed. "No were taking a field trip kids, now get out."

I frowned. "A what? Amber stop playing. "

She ignored me. "Aug can you step out of the car please."

August nodded then released me from his embrace and stepped out of the car with Amber.

I couldn't hear the conversation at all though. They talked for a few more minutes before August opened the door and helped me out the car.

"In the trunk you'll find two bags for the next three days." She pointed at August. "One is filled with your shit." Then she looked over at me. "And one is filled with your shit."

"Amber what is this?" I questioned her as Aug went to the trunk and got our bags.

"You need this time with him. You and August both need this time together. This is a very expensive resort so at least try to have fun. Please enjoy this time because once y'all come back." She paused then sighed. "Mostly likely it won't be the same and the chances of y'all getting back together will be slim to nun."

I nodded in understanding as my eyes started to form unwanted tears. I hated that I had messed everything up by being so careless and stupid.

"Please don't cry. You've done enough of that these last two years."

"Thank you amber."

She nodded then got back into the car."Wait you not stayin?" August questioned her as he grabbed my hand.

"No this is for you kids. I'll be back for you tho."

I laughed. "I should have known you'd pull something like this."

***
***
***
-Flashback-
(One year ago)

A M B E R

"I don't know what it is that your doing but you need to stop." I commanded as I stared Trey down.

He smirked. "I'm not sure I know what your talking about."

"You. I see how you been acting with Brianna."

"How have I been acting ?" He questioned as he took a seat next to me. "Brianna is someone that I really care about and right now she needs me. We both know that."