Chapter Sixteen | Proud Family

You and me will always be tight
Family every single day and night
Even when you start acting like a fool
You know I'm loving every single thing you do

~~~~~

"Talk to me babies." Momma Sheila looked around the table studying everyone's face. "It's never this quite when we all get together. Whats wrong?"

No one spoke. Tension was thick and everyone could feel it.

Keenon not knowing what to say or do. He wanted the girls to like him along with Miss. Sheila and and her other son Travis. They had made him feel welcomed but he still didn't know what to say. I mean who would know what to say to their girlfriends dead boyfriends mother and brother. Shit was way to awkward for him but he kept his cool.

Chris and August both mean mugged each other from across the table while Karruche, Brianna, and Amber tried to make small talk.

"Momma you made these greens? You must've put yo foot in them." Amber joked aloud trying to lighten the mood.

Momma Sheila laughed. "Actually Brianna made them."

"My baby does this Amber. Fattin' me up right now." August joked along with her as he mushed her head.

Amber frowned. "Don't start playing string bean. I'm eating."

Chris sighed loudly making Karruche elbow him under the table.

"You got something to say?" August questioned as they made eye contact.

"Fuck outta here. This ain't what you want nigga. Act right before I embarrass yo ass."

"What's good bitch nigga? Let's go outside." August stood up quickly only to be pulled back down by Brianna.

"Baby don't feed into his shit tonight."

"Who asked you bitch?" Chris responded back to Brianna.

Before anyone could process what Chris had just said August was on his ass.

Hoping over the table August sent a quick punch to his face knocking him out his chair. "Fuck wrong wit you." August yelled as Travis held him back. "Don't you ever fix yo fuckin' mouth to call my lady out ha' name."

"Baby lets just go." Karruche mumbled as she helped Chris stand up.

"Nobody's going anywhere." Momma Sheila spoke making everyone pause. Sit y'all asses down." No one moved. "Now!" She shouted making everyone scurry to their seats. "Girls y'all are excused. Take your food and watch tv in the den downstairs."

"Did you see how hard uncle August hit him." Kaykay questioned her sisters as they exited the dining room.

Slowly Momma Sheila looked over at Keenon and smiled softly. "I'm sorry baby. I know this is your first time meeting me so excuse me for how I'm about to act. Now back to you two." She pointed at August and Chris. "What the hell is wrong with you. Fighting at my damn table."