Chapter Twenty Two | Remember

This is the saddest story I have ever heard
Call early in the morning when I got the word
Now, she says that it's his son, he says not at all. Please miss me with the excuses, I am not involved, no not at all.

~~~~

A U G U S T

"Nah, we still not talking." August sighed as he looked over at Travis and the rest of the wedding party that had to come in and get their tux tailored. "I mean I know where she's at, she just don't wanna see me right now."

Travis shook his head slowly before standing. "Let me holla at'cha real quick." He wanted to know what was going on but he didn't want everyone in his brothers business. Walking into a more secluded room Travis let out a sigh. "What happened this time man?"

"Stop lookin' at me like that." August frowned getting defensive.

"Like what?"

"Like you judging me."

"Shit I am. Now you my brother so you know imma always be on your side but nigga your wedding is right around the corner-"

"She called it off."

Travis frowned. "So then why the fuck are we in here?"

"She don't wanna get married but I do. At this point she don't have a choice."

"Aug now is not the time for the jokes. Tell me what happened."

"Listen." He licked his lips then sighed. "You know when I went to jail Brianna lost our baby." He spoke lowly almost like it pained him to talk about it. "You know we wasn't rocking so I started back fuckin' wit Allysia. Shit was cool but once me and Brianna agreed to try again I stopped dealing with her."

"That was in July, now its October. Get to the point Aug."

"The point is she called me saying she's pregnant."

"If the last time you fucked her was back in July that was six months ago. So not only is she pregnant but she most likely big as hell, or just about. But that still doesn't make sense. If it was before you and Brianna got back together then why is she so mad that she would call off the wedding."

"She doesn't even know yet. She's mad because I didn't come home the other night."

"Well why didn't you?"

"I was wit Allysia. She started crying and shit about how when the baby comes it won't have a father because I don't care about her so I won't care about my son. After I got her to calm down she fell asleep. I dozed off for a quick second but for the most part my mind was just racing."

"So you do know that she's pregnant for real?"

"Yeah. Soon as I got there I made her take her panties off and pee right in front of me. I mean she did look good but I wasn't fuckin' wit it. The bitch wanna make everything so damn difficult though. Like I literally had to take her panties off for her. As many times as I fucked her she had the nerve to wanna act shy."