Chapter Six

Around this time in my life things were okay I guess. Well, not with my mom. She was getting even worse. Thanksgiving wasn't a couple days away, and she wouldn't be home for the holiday. My depression was fluctuating like my weight was. I lost eight pounds in a week and then I gained them back. Calvin and I were changing. Well, Calvin. I couldn't figure out why. Ramón and I were growing closer, and I don't think Calvin was cool with that. On top of that, shit in school was getting worse because my grades were slipping due to staying up with Calvin and sneaking him in and just. My life was becoming a train wreck.

"Raelynn, c'mere." My father called.

"Pops, I gotta get to school!" I said putting my backpack on.

"I'ma drive you c'mon."

This ain't good, this milk dud never offers to drive.

"..a'ight pops." I say grabbing my charger just incase.

I put my hoodie and tombs on, walking up the stairs behind him from around back to where his car was parked on the side of the street. I hopped in and he drove off since he'd already heated the car up.

"So w'sup?"

"Nothin' you not goin' to school until later."

"Where we goin'?"

"You'll see."

I sat back messaging Ramón enjoying the ride.

So you aint comin till later?
7:02AM

That's what milk dud said.
7:03AM

Damn Ima miss takin yo lunch son. Who lunch Ima scoop today?
7:04AM

Nigga, fuck you.
7:04AM

Say no more my nigga. I gotchu. But I meant to tell you im comin to hang wit u today aight?
7:06AM

just you?
7:06AM

Jus me Royce
7:07AM

Aight I gtg
7:08AM

We pulled out onto the Conduit, where the fuck is this nigga taking me?

"Pops, where we goin'?"

"You'll see. Stop askin' so many damn questions." He said.

I sucked my teeth, putting on my earphones. I couldn't stand his wanna be Fresh Prince of Bel-Air ass. He wanna act like he actually wanna be a dad to me now. I'm surprised he ain't tell my siblings I was staying with him yet like he always does. Tell the whole family my business. He ain't shit but, a bitch stuck in a man's anatomy. Going on Facebook, I scrolled down my time line until we got to wherever we were going. We pulled into a parking lot garage on the fourth floor I noticed. Where the fuck are we?

"C'mon." He killed his engine.

We took the elevator down and walked into the building. What were we doing at a hospital? It wasn't the one my mom was at. I remember because I've been in and out of that place so much I know shortcuts around the place. I followed him up to the front desk as he talked to the receptionist nurse.

"Yes, right through that hall. You're actually right on time for your appointment." The lady smiled at my father

Pops grabbed my wrist and pulled me along. What the hell was up with him today? We walked through the hall the nurse informed us of, and into an office.