Chapter Eighteen

A couple weeks later...

"You good girl?" Mal questioned while we sat on her bed.

"I'm just exhausted." I sighed looking out her window.

"Tell Mally Mal w'sup." She laid my head on her chest and I laughed at her stupidity. Mally Mal, fuck typa nickname?

"I'm just tired b. I'm tired of everything man. I'm so fuckin' tired." I admitted.

"I get tired of shit too, I know how you feel.."

But do you really, have you been through what I been through?

"I just get tired of fightin' man. I don't even know what the fuck I'm fightin' for no more deadass."

"Facts, shit get tough sometimes I'on know what I'ma do when it happen." Mal added.

"I been through so much man, I been through too much shit man."

"You haven't gone through it just yet. You still have your whole like ahead of you to go through. We're young b. We ain't seen shit yet."

Nah my nigga, you haven't. I been through enough.

"Whatever you say. Just know I'm goin' through allot and would 'preciate you bein' hea' for me, na'mean?"

"I gotchu' let's go to the mall or some shit. I heard that Think Like A Man movie came out, we should go see it. Ya baby daddies are in it." She pulled at my cheeks.

"Michael?"

"Yup! And Breezy my nigga c'mon!" She pulled me up out her bed.

I guess this could be a good thing to get my mind off of my situation.

-

"Michael know he fine as shit. I'on even care he's a quarter century older than me. Thas' daddy." Mal chuckled as we got back on the subway after going to the Ave's movie theater.

The movie was worth it, and I got to see my too favorite light skins in showbiz. Man were they fine. Deadass, Chris and Michael know their fine it's no fucking way. Like facts, on my life son like I'm saying that now in the present. Those niggas are fine as shit. Okay, back to what I was saying. We took the train from Jamaica Ave, back over to Brooklyn. I had to be home by ten because my mom was getting released from the hospital tonight, and she was allegedly coming over if they actually decide to release her. They been saying this shit for a whole damn week now. I keep getting my hopes up.

"You hungry b?"

"I could go for some chopped cheese or some Chinese. Shit, let's hit Packmart and see if they got some sushi." I suggested.

"You and your fuckin' sushi Raelynn. Damn, give it a break." She laughed playfully, pushing my shoulder.

"C'mon girl."

It didn't take long to get there nor find what I was looking for. Sushi is the shit. I don't give a fuck what anyone says about it. I love it. I bought Mal a hero from the deli on the way back and before I knew it, with us talking, lallygagging, and eating, several hours passed by and Ma alarmed me it was time for her to drop me back off.

Mal rode in the car with me, and we were whispering about how she finally let Aaron fingerpop her. I was so shocked because no matter how far they went, she never let him insert anything in her. I guess my best friend is really serious about Aaron because she wouldn't do nothing like that with no regular degular shmegular nigga. Like ever. He gotta mean something to her. And because I'm lowkey a hoe I was hyping her up. I love hearing her stories I get hype for her. Is that bad? Don't at me.

"Alrighty Raelynnpooh! We'll see you probably next weekend!" Ma shouted as I walked around back.

"A'ight bet, I love you!" I yelled.

"I love you too!" She shouted driving off.

I made it downstairs unlocking the basement apartment. My Aunty was making gumbo, my favorite dish of hers aside from good ole callaloo. It's a West Indian dish. Bruh, you'on know what you're missing if you don't eat it. It's like seafood meets collard greens goodness my nigga. Man I love being West Indian.

"Hey Aunty, where's everyone?" I kissed her on the cheek.

"Well, Kyla is in my room watching some damn show. Your dad is on his way back here."

"Thanks." I smiled, walking back into my room.

I shut the door behind me, seeing Ramón sitting on my bed. It caused my to jump a bit.

"What're you doin' here?!" I whisper-yelled.

"I snuck in ya window. I fucked up. I fucked up so bad mami, you never gonna forgive me." He said his Spanish native slipping.

"What the fuck you do now Ramón? C'mon it's somethin' every other week witcho' ass." I sighed defeatedly, sliding down the door to the room.

"Me cogió É'stephanie."

I shot my eyes up at him from my fetal position in fury.

"You what?!" I shouted.

"I had sex with É'stephanie."