Chapter 4: 'I hate Grayson Carter, The Ballerina - Audrey Peters'

Since today is the day of the football game, like every Friday, Grayson works until 7 and then goes to his game, which is from 7:30 to 9. But he works from 4 and unfortunately, I share the same shift. The whole entire week, I spent all of my time avoiding him as much as possible. At work, he’d help the boys with their homework and I’d help the girls, who all thought that he was hot and asked me if we made out yet, to which I responded with a disgusted face and a vigorous head shaking.

Grayson also realized that we have not one, not two, but three classes together: Pre-Calculus and Home Economics on A Days (*1) and AP English Literature and Composition on B Days (*2). We also have lunch together but I don’t count that because of the fact that he’s either outside, practicing football, in the gym practicing football, or sitting with his friends at their crowded lunch table.

But today, since the children had an all-day field trip and don’t get back until later, we technically had a free shift where we could do our homework, read, or have friends over as long as we don’t disrupt people studying. Of course, Grayson’s choice was the latter which stopped me from finishing the latest sad, but amazing book by John Green. Grayson had three rowdy football players in a library. I was on the second floor where the text books, encyclopedias, and other sources were and I was staring down at the football players, or Shane to be exact. My books were abandoned on the couch where I was recently sitting.

Shane Deville is probably the most handsome guy I’ve ever seen. His black hair is always messy and it looks so soft. He is tall and I like tall guys, except for Grayson. His eyes are the prettiest shade of blue I've ever seen. Even though I can’t see all of his face right now because he’s turned sideways as him and Kyle toss the football back and forth (something I’d have a fit about if I wasn't gawking at the near male model who is in close vicinity of me). I can still tell you what he looks like because this isn’t the first time I found myself staring at him. I was so into staring at Shane that I didn’t even notice Grayson’s mysterious absence.

Suddenly, I heard Grayson’s voice which caused me to jump. “See something you like over there?”

I felt my face burn and it was most likely the darkest shade of red it’s ever been. My worst enemy, and only enemy, caught me staring at one of his best friends. “Pfft, n-no. I’m just counting the minutes until something gets knocked over.”

He smirked. “Okay, then I’ll just tell Shane that you weren’t staring at him,” he started to walk away and I found myself hissing his name.

“Grayson!” I reached out and punched his back, causing him to turn and look at me.

“Did you just punch my back?”

“He noticed that I was staring at him?” I asked, wringing my hands together. My face was still burning as I brushed the hair behind my ear. Grayson narrowed his eyes at me as he scrutinized my face. A slow grin made its way across his face.

“You like him, don’t you?” he was standing tall as if he discovered a secret. Well, he did discover a secret but a whack over the head with a chair will make it disappear.

I shook my head. “Pfft, no.”

“Admit it or I’ll tell him that you like him," he threatened.

I crossed my arms. “And who’s to say that you won’t tell him that I like him if I say that I like him?"

“So you do like him?” he inquired. I was surprised that he understood that. I was trying to confuse him.

I shook my head. “No! Who said that?”