Chapter 24: Meat Lover's Pizza

The entire week was spent anticipating our group’s roller-skating plans. On Friday, I was grinning from ear to ear when work ended. Grayson also seemed to be a bit happier and I was even happier when he decided not to bring up our kiss again. I know we have to talk about it some point but I don’t want to talk about it when I’m in such a good mood. Maybe later on Saturday we can talk about it. I set the date in my head. I’ll bring it up, unless he does first.

I jumped into Sandra’s car as we drove in the direction of the mall. “So, did you guys talk about it?”

I shook my head. “No, I kept telling him no.”

Lola snorted. “Wimp.”

I punched her shoulder and she glared at me in the mirror of the car. I just smiled innocently before clearing my throat. “As I was saying, I’m going to talk about it tomorrow.”

“Are you sure you don’t want to get it off your chest tonight so you won’t have to stress about it tomorrow?” Lola piped.

Although what she was saying made sense, I decided that I’m going to do what I feel I should and talk to him about it tomorrow, after we go out. “No.”

Lola sighed. “They never listen.” She pressed her face against the cold window before sighing again.

I sat back in the seat and waited until we reached the mall. When we did, the girls kept bugging me to get something red, so Grayson will ‘notice me more.’ I just shrugged off their statements and went with something opposite of red: Blue. It wasn’t anything special, just a bright blue sweater and white jeans. I struggled to follow them around as they rushed to each store, buying several things. We agreed to buy one outfit for tomorrow but here they are, purchasing enough items to refill their closets. I sighed as we passed The Hip Shop. Please let Sebastian be in there.

“Where are you going?” Sandra asked as I tried to creep away from them. Both of them were now turned in my direction.

“I’m just going to get a bracelet from The Hip Shop; don’t wait up. I’ll text you once I’m done," I told them as I turned and shuffled into the store. I looked at the front desk and a smile fell onto my face when I saw Sebastian.

I rushed over and leaned on the counter, catching him by surprise. “Audrey!”

“Seb!” I smiled as he walked around the counter and embraced me in a hug. ‘You act like you like him.’ I internally winced at the words replaying in my mind.

“What are you doing here?” he smiled as he sat on the counter, kicking his feet aimlessly. I stood against the only empty part of the wall, seeing as the rest was covered in hats and folded up shirts on shelves.

“I was in the mall and I decided to come see you,” I shrugged while he smirked.

“Couldn’t get enough of this beautifulness, huh?” he joked as he brought his hand up to his face, blinking rapidly.

I snorted. “Sure.”

“So how is it doing?” For whatever reason, I knew who he was talking about when he addressed him as it.

I sighed. “Grayson is doing okay. He keeps asking to talk about our kiss,” I muttered.

“Why don’t you talk about? You have an obsession with the guy, don’t you?” he laughed, earning a full-fledged glare from me.

“I don’t have an obsession with him. I like him, okay? That’s all. And I am going to talk to him about it tomorrow,” I informed him.

“Why tomorrow?”