Chapter Five

Laney Rose McKinley 🌹

    The class soon started. The teacher made us write a few pages of notes and then went through a few problems with us. It felt like my hand was going to fall off.

When the bell rung, I grabbed my belongings and walked to my locker alone. Guy didn't even look at me.

Why was I worrying so much about it?

Luis was already there at his locker when I got there. I put in my combination, and when it wouldn't open, I slammed my fist against it as Luis showed me yesterday.

I looked over at him as he shut his locker door. He was smiling.

"You remembered," he laughed. I nodded and smiled.

"I remembered," I responded. He stayed there as I put my books in my locker. That's when I decided to ask him about Guy, "Hey," I started.

I shut my locker door and leaned against it. He did the same.

"Are you able to talk to Guy?" I asked. He knitted his eyebrows together.

"Yeah, why?" He asked. We started walking to our third period class, which were close to each other.

"He was happy at the beginning of the period but then his mood completely changed," I explain to him.

"Changed how?" I bit my lip.

"He seemed upset," I said. We turned the hall and dodge people in the crowded hallways.

"Well, what were you guys talking about?"

I thought for a moment. That's when I remembered, homecoming.

Was he upset that I didn't want to go? Why would he be? We really didn't even know each other.

Before I could answer, someone else caught Luis's attention. A girl grabbed onto his arm and pulled him away from me. I sighed.

-

   I walked into the lunch room alone. I scanned the table to try to find everyone in my gym class. Or well, the team.

    My eyes landed on the cheerleaders. They all glared and me and scoffed as I walked passed them to the lunch line.

    I got my lunch and when I was done, I saw Dean, I think it was, walking to a table. I decided to follow him.

    That's when I saw the rest of the team. I smiled and sat in the empty seat beside Guy. He looked happier now.

    "Howdy," I spoke them all. They all smiled and replied back.

     "How was your second day?" A boy with red hair asked. I wish I could remember names. But then it hit me.

     "Averman... right?" I hesitated. He nodded, "it's was good. Thanks for asking!"

     We all talked for a little and ate our lunch. I didn't bother asking Guy about earlier. Maybe it wasn't something he wanted to talk about.