27 | nosebleeds

LANEY ROSE MCKINLEY

"Give it back, Locker Blocker!"

Guy and I were play fighting in the middle of the school hallway in front of Luis and I's locker. He had snatched my sketchbook in seriousness to see what I've been drawing. In all fairness, I was embarrassed. It wasn't a real fight, ya know? A smile was plastered on both of our faces.

"Get off of me, loser!" He shouted back, chuckling and pushing me away.

I jokingly frowned and pushed him into the locker carefully, trying my best to open his clenched hands to snatch my sketchbook back. His grip was too strong. I didn't want to rip anything. I started to laugh again.

"Guy!" I whined, "you're way too strong, be fair!"

He rolled his eyes playfully while he scanned the pages. He turned his back to me, which wasn't a good idea for his defense. I quickly lunged forward and jumped onto his back. I reached my arms around his neck and placed my hands on the top of my sketchbook, but his grip was strong.

He started to laugh uncontrollably. I calmed myself down. His laughs were adorable.

A large groan escaped my lips. I jumped down from him and he turned around to face me. I looked up at the blonde boy, sticking my bottom lip out. A devilish grin formed on my face.

"You've got to try, weakling," he teased me. I sent him a fake glare.

"Like I have been the past few minutes?" I fired. Guy furrowed his eyebrows.

"You have?" He questioned, "I thought that was just the wind hitting my back."

I playfully smacked his arm, "you jerk," I folded my arms across my chest and stuck out my bottom lip once again. Guy sighed.

"Okay, now, that's not fair!" He whined. He threw his arms to his side. I quickly bent down and grabbed my sketchbook from his hands. He was too late trying to grab it back. I grinned widely.

"Ha! Who's the loser now!" I teased him. He started to smile at me and rolled his eyes. I went to my locker and put in my combo, having to slam my fist against it to open. It suddenly popped open. I note fell to the ground. After setting my sketchbook gently in my bookbag, I reached for the note and opened it.

'Every single night my arms are not around you, my mind's still wrapped around you.'

My eyes traveled over to Guy.

"When You're Ready, Shawn Mendes," he dreamily grinned. My smile grew.

"It's not homecoming anymore," I laughed. The blonde shrugged his shoulders, walking closer to me. He wrapped me into a tight hug. I let my head fall to his shoulder.

"I don't care," he said. He kissed the top of my head which caused my cheeks to heat up. I pulled away from the hug, "I'm glad you're finally mine," he blushed.

I stared into his eyes and nodded my head in agreement, "me too, locker blocker."

It was lunch. I stood outside the nurses office with Guy and Goldberg, waiting on Adam. When he walked out, we all started walking the crowded halls to the cafeteria. Guy had ahold of my hand as he walked beside me. Adam walked on the other side of me, while Goldberg walked beside him.

"Are you okay, Laney? How have you been?" Adam asked me with worry. I looked up at him with a calming smile. I knew he was worried about me after what happened last night. I nodded my head.

"I'm alright, I promise," I reassured him. He returned the smile. Guy spoke up.

"Banks, are you okay?" He asked, "you've been asking her that all day. Is there something... going on?"

I glanced back up at Adam who quickly shook his head.

"Just nervous for the stupid mile we have to run today, that's all. You know how I act when I'm nervous," Adam fibbed. I felt myself frown. I looked forwards as we walked.

"You always kill the mile, don't worry," Guy said to him in hopes to calm him down. My smile started to form again. I squeezed Guy's hand.

"This is stupid! You kids are supposed to hate running the mile but here we have Germaine and McKinley literally chasing each other around the track!" Coach Glenn yelled in the warm air while we all ran our mile. He stood by the bleachers, sunglasses on his face, and a clipboard and timer in his hands.

Guy and I made a deal to make this mile fun and not boring. It was amazing to have this kind of relationship with him where we could mess around all the time and play fight and such. It wasn't real fighting like my other relationships.

We all had to run four laps. That'd make a mile. Guy and I were already on our third one, and almost on our fourth.

I ran in front of him quickly glancing back every now and then to see how close he was to me. We were playing tag I guess you could say. I suddenly felt his hand barley tap my shoulder.

"You're it!" He shouted. I let out a large sigh and stopped. He started to run in front of me.

I gave him a five second head start before breaking into a fast sprint. A smile was plastered on my face. Lap number 4, here we go.

I pumped my arms as hard as I could, taking long strides as I ran. Guy was ahead of me by a good distance, but I knew it wouldn't be for long.

Ahead of us were the hurdles the track team had set up. They never moved them. I saw Guy attempting to jump the first one, but he quickly face planted. I heard a large groan espace his mouth.

I quickly covered my mouth with my hands and rushed to him on the ground. I hurriedly bent down as he rolled over, looking up at me. Blood was pouring from his nose.

"Guy!" I shouted, "are you okay?" I worriedly asked. I helped him sit up, my hand on his back. He nodded his head and started to smile.

"If you haven't learned by now, I am the clumsiest person you'll ever meet," he grinned. I let out a sigh. He was fine. I started to grin as well.

"Impossible. I am," I responded. He playfully rolled his eyes. I grabbed ahold of his hand and pulled him up from the ground. He thanked me.

"What do you say? Let's finish this lap?" He laughed. I nodded my head. The two of us slowly started to run again, reaching Coach Glenn quickly. Guy held his shirt up to his nose to prevent the bleeding even more.

When we reached Coach, Guy sat on the ground. He took his shirt off, leaning against the fence and holding his head back to try to stop the bleeding. He then handed me his shirt.

"Can you wet this?" He sweetly asked me. I smiled and nodded. I reached for my water bottle on the ground and poured it over his shirt. Not going to lie, shirtless Guy was hot. Like very...

I turned back to the blonde on the ground and gently started to wipe away the blood. I saw Guy smiling which only caused me to smile. I spoke up.

"Glad to know I'm dating someone as clumsy as me."