Chapter Eight

Laney McKinley 🌹

Guy and I finished cleaning only a few minutes before my mom got home. I felt bad that he was helping considering he doesn't live here, but it was nice having his help.

He got lost a few times. I did too. I'm still not used to this house. It was technically a mansion. It felt weird saying that because never in my life could we afford that. There we're still plenty of rooms I haven't been in yet.

  He crawled out my window and almost fell. It was a pretty good night for me. My feelings for this boy were getting stronger.

guy germaine- you're a good singer btw 😉

   He heard me...

   No one has ever been so good to me before. No one has ever just showed up to my house and wanted to hang out before. I really appreciated everything.

   Today was the campfire at Fulton's. I was excited, but also a little nervous. I decided to dress comfy.

    I wore a pair of leggings with a cropped oversized green tee and my white vans. I was comfy. I wasn't complaining.

   I sat on my bed until it was time for me to go. As time got shorter, the more my stomach stared to turn. Why was I nervous?

   I heard my phone ding over my music. I picked my phone up from my side and saw that it was a message from my mom.

mom- there's a handsome boy waiting down here for you. I put your lawn chair by the door. Have fun and be safe.

I sighed. I loved my mom and all, but I just wish she'd have an actual face to face conversation with me and not be stuck on her phone. I rolled my eyes and slid my phone in my bag.

    Before I left my room, I made sure to grab my camera to take some pictures for my class while I was there.

      I put on a smile as I exited the door, and happily skipped down the stairs passing my annoying little brothers who played with their hockey board game.

     I jumped over Freddie's leg once he attempted to trip me. My smile faded and I rolled my eyes at him, continuing to walk down the stairs. I had quite a way to go.

      When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I saw Guy awkwardly standing there by himself, looking around.

      "Oh, hey, Laney," he nervously said once he noticed me. I gave him a small smile.

     "Hey, Guy," I responded.

     "Are you ready?" He questioned. I nodded, hopping off of the last stair and heading to the door.

     "Yessir," I replied. I opened the front door, letting Guy walk out first. I walked out behind him and shut the door, "you drive?" I asked once I saw a parked car.

      "I turned 16 on October 10th. I'm the oldest in our class," he smiled proudly. We both let out a laugh and walked to his car.

     "Well, happy belated birthday."

      Guy and I sang old rock songs at the top of our lungs on the way to Fulton's. It wasn't a long drive. It was fun though.

      "So, what do you guys usually do here?" I asked locker blocker as we walked up the hill to Fulton's house.

     Guy shrugged, "we usually just mess around. We always walked around this neighbor hood, mess around at the local park, ding-dong-ditch. He always has these awesome trails in the woods behind his house. We usually ride quads back there."