26 | heartbroken screams

hey! I'm putting a TRIGGER WARNING on this just I case. The subject(s) that will be mentioned may be a sensitive topic for some people.

 The subject(s) that will be mentioned may be a sensitive topic for some people

CONNIE GRACE MOREAU

    I sat in Laney's amazing room with Adam, Charlie, Dean and Russ. We were all here after school to hangout. Everyone else had plans.

    Currently, Laney was downstairs looking for something for her little twin brothers. I felt bad for her. She seemed like more of a mother than a sister. More of a mom than her own mother was, who I've never meant or seen when I've been here plenty of times.

    Things with Connor and I have been going great. We're still completely shy towards each other, but he's so sweet, and I really hope him and Laney make up soon. I wish there was a way I could fix whatever was going on between them.

    I sat on the storage compartment seat thing in the middle of Laney's room, watching the tv from where I sat. Adam and Charlie sat together on the couch watching TV too.

    Up on the bed was Russ, who was busy playing COD on his phone.

    Dean sat on the floor by the door, eating all of the cookies Laney had made for us. I mean, he was eating all of them.

    After awhile, I got bored. I turned around on the seat and stared out the open door to see if Laney was coming.

    Suddenly I saw Connor running past the room to his. A few seconds later, I heard his door slam shut. I then saw his mom running after him with worry.

    Concerned, I quickly got up from the seat and ran to Laney's door, peaking into Connors room to where he couldn't see me. I felt my friends right behind me.

    I saw Connor sitting there, sobbing to the point he was rocking and shaking and that he couldn't breath or make a sound. I felt my heart break.

   I wanted to run in and comfort him, but his mom was with him.

   I glanced back at Adam with sad eyes before looking back into the boys room. He started to talk.

    "I didn't believe her," he quietly said in between sobs, "she was telling the truth the whole time but then she told me she made it up because she didn't want me to be mad at her anymore..."

    I furrowed my eyebrows.

    "Who Connor? Is it Laney?" His mother asked.

    I saw him nod his head. He took a big breath before shouting.

    "Brady abused her!" He screamed at the top of his lungs, "my own best friend was doing this to my sister! Right under our noses too and we didn't realize it at all! Gaven abused her too, mom! She never told anyone but me! Gaven.. he did things to her that she.. she never wanted to happen, and she couldn't stop it! Both Gaven and Brady made her life a living hell for her! The sweetest girl ever... Everyone at school bullied her and beat her up in the halls while the teachers stood there doing nothing because they didn't want to fill out paperwork! Brady and Gaven and all of their friends made a fake Instagram account of her posting inappropriate pictures saying it was her, but Laney would never do that! She has respect for herself! Everyone at school teased her and hurt her about that account. She wanted to kill herself, I know she did, she told me! She tried one time but I walked in on her. If I would've been a few minutes later I wouldn't have my best friend here! Mom, she could've done it any other time and none of us could've stopped her. But if you payed attention to us, to her, maybe it wouldn't have happened!"