36 | post malone

laney rose mckinley
thirty six;

   The air was cold. Snow fell from the sky onto the top of my beanie, causing it to soak in and become wet. Guy was attached to my side like a magnet–it was the only way to keep us warm.

   We stood in front of the venue. The time had finally come. It was the concert! I was so nervous, yet so excited, and I couldn't stop shaking.

   I wasn't sure if it was from the cold, or my excitement about the concert.

   Guy and I stood in the crowded line outside before the doors opened. We made sure to come early just so we could get good seats. We even left school early though the venue was literally 20 minutes away and it didn't start until 6. We were close to the front of the line, so it worked out for us greatly.

   "If Ozzy Osborne is here, I'm literally going to die or something. If he's here, I'm done," I told Guy. I may or may not have been obsessed with Ozzy, as well Motley Crue, Ed Sheeran, Shawn Mendes, Ruel, Queen, Nirvana–okay, who wasn't I obsessed with?

   "Well if he is, I'm going to have to talk to him. He's taking my girl away from me and that isn't fair," Guy responded. I felt myself laugh. My cheeks turned red, but you could hardly notice because of how cold it was.

   "Says you. You're obsessed with him too. I'm going to have to talk to him," I teased the blonde boy. I felt the vibration of his laugh against my head while I rested my head against his chest.

   "You know, your middle name fits you perfectly, Rosie. Your cheeks are always red," he said to me. I felt them heat up. I quickly hid my face, "no, don't do that! It's cute!"

   I playfully rolled my eyes. My gaze shifted back up to him. He put his head down and gave me a kiss on the bridge of my nose.

   "My life is so much better with you in it," I whispered to him. I cared for him so much. It still felt like I was living a dream, walking in air.

The boy was seriously perfect. This was my first real relationship, my first relationship where I felt truly cared for and appreciated, and didn't get slapped every time I breathed. I didn't feel scared either. I didn't feel like I couldn't trust him. He was perfect.

Looking ahead of us, I saw the doors fly open. Guy and I exchanged nervous glances before breaking out into a sprint with the rest of the line. When we got to the door, we gave the person our tickets and went through security and everything.

We ran through the now crowded venue, up the stairs to walk through the confession areas just so we could find out section. Eventually we did, and we found seats close to the bottom.

guy germaine

"Used to have friends now I got enemies, damn, used to keep them close now they're dead to me!Money tend to show all they tendencies, enemies!"

My eyes were glue to the beautiful brunette beside me. Watching Laney just jump around with the biggest smile on her face, just enjoying her time made me so happy. I was having the time of my life too, but I was overtaken by her beauty.

It made me realize how much I loved the girl. Yes, I loved her. I truly did. I've never felt such a strong feeling of love towards anyone before like that.

She didn't know I loved her, I don't think, and I don't even think she felt the same way yet. We've been dating for almost two months, but if feels like it's been years. I wanted to tell her, but I wasn't sure when the time was right.

   I hadn't even realized I zone out until I noticed Laney start to freak out. That's when I heard the song, one of her favorites aside from Enemies, Take What You Want.

   She'd listen to it on repeat. Not that I was complaining. I loved the song too.

   Suddenly, the next few words that came out of Post Malone's mouth caused the girl beside me to completely lose her shit. Completely. I couldn't help but smile.

   "Please welcome, Ozzy freaking Osbourne!"

   Screams filled my ears. I rose my eyebrows at the suddenly loud noises, but I kept my view on Laney. She turned to me and started jumping up and down, freaking out.

   "It's Ozzy! It's Ozzy! Oh my god, look at him! Look at him! That man is a walking legend! He, he, oh man, I'm freaking out! I'm freaking out!" The girl trembled with excitement.

   I sent her the biggest smile, placing my hands on her shoulders.

   "Stay calm," I laughed, staring into her eyes. She stopped jumping and started to breath heavily. She quickly nodded her head before turning back to the stage and throwing her arms in the air, dancing like a maniac and rapping to the song, which was kind of hot, not going to lie.

    The concert came to an end fast. Or, it at least felt like it went fast. It was the best thing ever. I've never been to a concert before.

    During homecoming, I was caught in a spell by Laney. I knew she loved Post. I heard there was a concert too. The tickets were on some kind of discount, so when I found out, I immediately bought them. I just wanted to make her happy.

    When we got back to my car, I quickly turned it on so we could get the heat blasting. I suddenly felt Laney's frozen hands on my cheeks, and her lips on my forehead. She started to kiss my face repeatedly everywhere which caused me to laugh.

   "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She squealed. She pulled away from me and slumped back in her seat. The cutest smile was plastered on her face, "is there anything I could do for you in return?"

   I started to grin. I had the perfect idea. I just hoped she was up for it considering we had school the next day.

   "Do you think I could spend the night, or do you want to stay at my place? I just want to spend the night with you in my arms, you know?" I nervously asked her. I saw her cheeks turn red.

   I smiled at her nervously. The girl nodded her head.

   "I like that idea. A lot actually," she grinned which only caused me to smile even more. She was beautiful, "you can stay over at my house if you want. You can just borrow some of Connor's or Brian's clothes."

  "Will they be okay with me being over there? Especially your sisters, and your mom. I know how much your sisters hate me..," I trailed off. She suddenly grabbed ahold of my hand.

   "Connie is over almost every night and she sneaks out in the morning or just borrows my clothes. Brian doesn't care, trust me, and my sisters, screw them. Don't let them bother you, okay? That's how they treat me too. It just means your welcomed. And my mom, she's probably not even hime. I'm not sure where she even is," Laney frowned. I squeezed her hand. She let out a small yawn. I knew she was getting tired.

   "Why don't you go to sleep, " I suggested, "I'll wake you up whenever you get back, okay?"

   She nodded her head. She eventually got situated in her seat. I moved my hand to her thigh and let it sit there, trying to help her relax. In the matter of a few seconds, she fell asleep.

    When we got back to her house, I saw lights on. I sighed in relief. I carried her in my arms to the front door. She was still sleeping. I wasn't actually going to wake her up. I knew she needed sleep.

   Getting to the front door, I lightly kicked it hoping someone would hear and come running. The full someone did. When the door opened I saw her mom standing there. My cheeks flushed.

  "Oh, Mrs. McKinley, hi," I nervously said. She let me walk inside. I thanked her, "uh, she fell asleep on the ride home and I didn't want to wake her," I whispered. I still didn't want to wake her. Her mother smiled at me.

   "Son, it's late. Why don't you stay here for the night? You can sleep in Laney's room and borrow some of her brothers clothes. But no hanky panky, okay?" She offered me. I felt my cheeks flush even more. I nodded my head.

   "Yes ma'am, I understand. Thank you so much, Mrs. McKinley. It means a lot," I responded. The woman tiredly nodded her head. She turned the lights off in the hall causing the room to dim.

   "Goodnight, son."

    "Goodnight, Mrs. McKinley."