Freddy x reader Atychiphobia

Atychiphobia is the abnormal, unwarranted, and persistent fear of failure, a type of specific phobia. As with many phobias, atychiphobia often leads to a constricted lifestyle, and is particularly devastating for its effects on a person's willingness to attempt certain activities. The term atychiphobia comes from the Greek phóbos, meaning "fear" or "morbid fear" and atyches meaning "unfortunate". ( I got it from Wikipedia )

   (Y/n)'s P.O.V

  Today's the day of my piano recital. I'm really nervous, which you would think is normal. But I'm REALLY nervous, more than the regular person. I'm afraid and nervous that I'll fail. I mean I have enough trouble not breaking out into a sweat and being afraid when I'm having my lessons. It's not that my teacher's mean or anything he's actually really nice it's just I have something called, Atychiphobia, which means I'm constantly afraid that I'll fail. So how does someone expect me to not be shaking in my seat while waiting for my turn to play at my recital. "Hey calm down it'll be fine." My best friend, Rachel said, placing her hand on my shoulder. I stopped shaking and gave her a nervous smile. "Yeah every thing will be just fine." I said more to myself in a sad attempt to get rid of the fear that's settling in my stomach.  Rachel smiled at me and then turned her attention back to the blond haired girl on stage playing on a flute.

 "Next up is (Y/n) (L/n)." A voice announced after the blond haired girl finished. "You're up (Y/n). I'm sure you'll do great." Rachel said smiling. I gulped nervously and headed up the stage to the piano. I sat down at the piano and placed my fingers on the keys. My hands started to get sweaty as I positioned my fingers on the proper keys. I sat there for a moment and tried to get myself to play, but for some reason I just couldn't. I stood up and turned to the crowd and said, "I'm sorry, I just can't do it!" I ran off the stage and out of the room with tears streaming down my cheeks. I could faintly hear someone calling out my name, but I just ignored it.

  I ran out of the parking lot and down the side walk. I ran all the way to the park, only then did I stop. I slowly walked over to one of the many vacant benches. I sat down with a sigh and put my head in my hands. "Mom is going to be sooo pissed when she finds out that I left like that." Oh yeah I forgot to tell you I live alone with my single mom who couldn't be at the recital due to work. Early on I had the choice of not going to the recital and my teacher could pull me out with no problem. But I decided that I wanted to go to the recital to prove I can forget about my fear. 'So much for that.' She said if I go I had to go through with it. It seemed so easy before that, but apparently it wasn't as you can see from me freaking out and running away. And now you can understand why mom would be so pissed. I mean she cares about me and isn't as strict when it comes to these things due to my phobia. But she said I had to go through with it if I decided to go, no excuses.

   "(Y/n)! What on earth? Why'd you run out like that? I was worried about you." A male voice, that I now recognized as Freddy's, said in front of me. Oh yeah this is Freddy we've been friends since preschool and he's been my crush for as long as I can remember. I looked up and said, "Sorry for scaring you Freddy. I just couldn't do it."  Freddy sat down next to me. "You wanna talk about what happened?" Freddy asked. Even Freddy doesn't know about my Atchiphobia, no one does. Other than my family and teachers. I sniffled, still in the process of calming down from crying, about to decline. But then I thought about it, 'it wouldn't hurt to tell someone. And I trust Freddy. It'd be nice to get everything off my chest about my Atchiphobia.' I thought. "Yeah that'd be nice." I said, a first not looking up from my knees but then looking him in the eyes confidently, which was something I hadn't done in a long time.

  And then I told him.  I told him everything about my Atchiphobia. I told him things I couldn't even tell my mother not wanting her  to worry even more about me then she already does. And when I was finally done telling him everything, he accepted it. Not only did he accept the fact that I had Atchiphobia but he accepted me. After he accepted everything he wrapped me in his arms and told me he loved me, and asked me to be his girlfriend. Which I obviously accepted and became his girlfriend.  He also promised me that he would help me get over my fear. Which made me so happy that I broke down crying tears of joy. I didn't even care about how angry my mother was going to be anymore. I was just so happy that I finally was able to tell someone about all my problems and that they accepted me for who I was. And that person happened to be Freddy, my wonderful boyfriend.

Words: 930