Yes Father?

I spent the night at Hona's house. It really was a log cabin built for Pocahontas and John Smith, and Hona happened to live with them. Crimson and Feather were over as well and Hona's parents were out hunting, so the entire cabin was to ourselves.

Hona handed out dried jerky for snacks as Feather put a movie inside the portable movie player that she had brought. Hona's parents were traditional and didn't use technology. Hona was lucky to get a poison apple phone at the least.

"So, how did you do it?" Feather asked me.

"Do what?" I replied.

"Duh! Get un-grounded?" She giggled. She pushed play on the movie player and brushed her short brown hair out of her face. Literally, her hair was so short, I could see her pointy ears poking out from underneath, where her hair was cut above her chin.

"I kinda didn't." I said.

"Ooh! You snuck out?" Crimson asked sarcastically.

"Good for you, girl!" Hona said, slapping my palm.

"Nah, I got in a fight and he didn't say anything, so I walked out of my room, grabbed my stuff and headed here." I said. I was really shaken still about the way I had acted towards my dad, but, psh! I don't care!

Right?

"Meep. That's called sneaking out." Hona said, ripping her jerky and popping it in her mouth.

"Whatever. How was the movie?" I asked them.

"It was awesome! The wolf suddenly turned into a man in, like, two seconds!" Crimson said. I punched her in the arm.

"I haven't seen the movie, you idiot! Don't spoil anything!" I laughed while Crimson rubbed her arm.

"Okay, okay, fine!" She laughed back.

"Ladies, how does this sound?" Feather asked. "We can go over to my Uncle's house and terrorize the lost boys!"

"Yeah!" All three of us yelled.

"We can take my mother's fairy dust and take them from above!" Feather said.

"Yeah!" We shouted again.

"And we'll go tomorrow afternoon!" Feather yelled, pumping her fist in the air.

"No!" I said calmly and disappointed.

"Wait, why?" Feather asked. "Meep, you love teasing the lost boys. Why don't you wanna go?"

"It's not that I don't want to, I can't go. My dad is apparently having people over that he wants to impress, and he wants me there." I explained.

"Why does your dad want you to be there? I mean, has he met you?" Crimson asked, giving a high five to Hona.

"I don't know! Look, they're from Oz and they need to discus something to my dad, and he wants me there on my best behavior."

"You're not going to give that good behavior to him though, are you?" Feather asked.

"Um, have you met me?" I laughed, putting my hand to my chest like I was surprised. Feather smile-frowned and slapped me across the shoulder. "Look, why can't we go tonight? We could be to Neverland and back before midnight if we go now!"

"Sure, I'm down!" Crimson said.

"Let's go fly with all the colors of the wind!" Hona laughed, mocking her mother's favorite song.

All three of us got up and grabbed our jackets, leaving the movie playing on the floor. But, just as I closed the front door after me, I felt a buzz in my pocket and took out my phone.