When a Great Plan Goes Terribly Wrong

My dad had seen the grade. I told him that Mr. Hansel gave me a redo and I was supposed to be up in my room re-writing it. Little did he know, I had a secret weapon.

I was in the kitchen and was talking to him, when I suddenly blurted out the word "Oz" and he froze up. I had tricked him into thinking I was in my room when really I was out with my friends causing more mishap.

Monday morning, the day before my birthday, I walked into Mr. Hansel's room first thing in the morning so I could get the grade changed and give him the anti-love potion and be done with it. It was before classes, and no one was there to see him fuss over me.

The second my high-heeled black boots hit the floor inside his room, Mr. Hansel was walking over to me, his eyes sparkling.

"Meep! How great to see you this morning!" Mr. Hansel beamed. I rolled my eyes and played along.

"Hello, Mr. Hansel! I came in to talk to you about my essay grade, the one that you gave me a D on." I said, smiling.

"Oh, yes. I figured that you would come in soon to discuss that." He replied, giggling underneath his breath. It was sick.

"Can I request a bump up on the grade? My father would appreciate it-"

"Oh, of course! What do you want? B? A? A+? I could even give you extra credit if you want!" He said. He was bouncing on his toes.

"Uh, B...would be fine." I said cautiously. I saw him reach over to his computer and change the grade. Maybe it was too dangerous to give him the potion that I messed up on. "Okay, I'm gonna go now...."

"No, wait!" He said, putting his hand on my shoulder as I started to turn. I was mortified. "Uh, Meep. I don't know how to say this..."

"Then don't!" I said, shaking off his palm.

"Meep, I like you." Mr. Hansel said.

"I know, you like all of your students, right?"

"No, I mean I really like you like you." He said. The bell was about to ring, and I saw kids start filing in.

"Um, Mr. Hansel, I don't think this is right..." I started to say, backing up. In the corner of my eye, I saw Crimson, Feather, and Hona looking in from the doorway. Suddenly, Mr. Hansel grabbed my shoulders and pulled me close. I blinked, and when my eyes came to, my lips were against his. The entire class that had been buzzing with conversation went dead silent.

My eyes widened and he leaned in closer, but I backed up. His lips kept with mine. 

I pushed him off of me and shoved the chocolate brownie with the anti-love potion in it inside his mouth, storming to the door. I grabbed Crimson's arm and turned her away, running down the hall with my friends in tow.

"He kissed me!" I yelled. "He just freaking kissed me!"

---------------------

An hour later, I found myself sitting in my room, my father pacing back and forth in front of me. He had brought me home after I had two days of school suspension.

"Meep, a love potion?!" My dad yelled. "A love potion? What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that I would get a grade that I deserved." I said.

"The grade that you deserved was a D! This is unacceptable, Meep!" He shouted. His face was turning red with anger, and I pictured it getting so red it would pop off his shoulders. "You're grounded for a month, young lady!"

"On my birthday?" I yelled, getting up from the bed.

"If I have to, then yes!" He yelled back. "You can have ONE friend over. One. Not all of them. I'm not that mean, Meep."

"But, what about the rest of my friends? We've been planning this for a year!" I yelled.

We were going to go to Spooky's Diner and have pizza, then go over to Crimson's place to terrorize Jack's son and daughter up their beanstalk next door. Afterword, it would be all three of us back at my place and watch scary movies. The first person to fall asleep would be drawn on, the second got their bra stuck in the freezer, and the third got duct taped to the ceiling in their sleeping bag. The last one asleep won and got a cool homemade trophy. I was planning on that trophy being in my display case....AKA my dresser top.

"Well, I guess you should have thought about that before you put a love potion on your English teacher!" My dad yelled. He stomped off and out of my room and my own face turned bright red.

I turned around and grabbed a pillow, shoved my face into it and screamed. I was so mad I wanted to punch something, including myself. But then I remembered why I was at home in the first place. I took the pillow off of my face and went into my bathroom. I grabbed a washcloth and soaked it in the hottest water I could get; from there, I scrubbed my lips raw.

My teacher had kissed me! I thought while my lips burned from the pressure and the heat of the cloth. I thought I was going to throw up. While my lips were being scrubbed, I heard a ding on my phone and it vibrated on the bathroom counter top. I picked it up. I got a text from Feather.

Dude, are you OK?

Yeah, I'm grounded for a month.

ON UR BIRTHDAY??????

Yea. I can have one friend over tho.

Who's it gonna be?

IDK yet. I replied, still rubbing my lips.

If I were you, I would scrub my lips until they bled.

Already on it.

I let her go and headed back into my room, bringing both the washcloth and my phone with me. Still washing my lips, I pressed my video app and watched a few movies I had on it. 

A few hours later, I fell asleep, my lips bleeding into the washcloth.

It was not the best day.