Have a Taste of Your Own Medicine

"You guys are officially insane." I said.

I was back at my house, leaning on the kitchen counter eating an apple from the counter top with Feather, Hona and Crimson all standing across from me.

"We just want to see if it'll work!" Crimson said.

"Guys, I've tried everything, the curse won't break without my dad here to lift it. I stayed up all night studying that spell book until my fingers bled with flipping the pages." I said, taking another bite of the apple.

Crimson took my hands in her own and looked down at them.

"I don't see no scabs." She said.

"It's a figure of speech, Crimson!" I shouted through the apple in my mouth. I swallowed hard. "And besides, if nothing else worked, what makes you think that self-hypnotism would?"

"Self?" Hona asked. She looked at Feather, then at Crimson, then back to me. "Who said anything about self-hypnotism?"

"Ha, right, like I'm going to give you my powers again." I snorted. Hona evil-smiled the way that made other kids cower. "Hona...."

"Give me the book, Meep." Hona said, holding out her hand to me. I absent-mindedly reached over and pushed my carrier's bag away from her on the counter. "Meep, give me the book."

"Why? So you can humiliate me by making me do weird stuff without me realizing? It's already a bad enough day!" I yelled.

"Meep, it's for your own good." Crimson said.

"Give her the book, Meep." Feather said.

"If I give you the book, you have no power over it. I won't say the spell." I said.

"Feather, Crimson, get her, I'll get the book." Hona said. Feather and Crimson lunged for me, but I ducked and ran. I saw Hona sifting though my bag, and I jumped on her back.

"Hona! It's mine!" I yelled. Two sets of hands pulled me off of her and pulled me away. I tried to yank my way out, but Feather and Crimson's grips were too strong. Before I knew it, they had me pinned to the ground on my knees with my arms anchored behind me. Hona bent down and placed the open book in front of me.

"Say the spell, Meep, we won't hurt you, I promise." She said.

"The bloody nose says otherwise." I said, blood spilling from my nose and into my lips. At one point Crimson laid a good punch on my face.

"Meep, watch yourself." Hona said. She got something out of her bag and brought it over to me. It looked like a ball with smoke coming out of it. "If you say the spell, I'll get rid of this."

"It doesn't look like anything intimidating, I guess you're loosing your touch...." I started, but the grey smoke hit my nose and I almost passed out. "Ugh! It smells like burnt popcorn, dead rats and disappointment!" I yelled.

"If you say the spell, I'll get rid of it." Hona said.

I coughed, blowing the smoke from my face. Hona kept the ball nice and close to my face. Feather and Crimson adjusted their grip on my arms as I coughed even more.

Through my coughs, I muttered. "All my power is to go, a wizards' essence, spirit and soul; let it be forever free until it is passed back to me." I said, letting out a long breath. Hona smiled and put the ball away as my arms burned from Feather and Crimson's touch. I screamed this time as my power split into two, going into both Feather and Crimson.

They let go and stood up as I crumpled even further on the ground. I looked up to see them looking at their hands. Red smoke was trailing around them