Amnesia's Worst Quality

Suddenly, there was a gag in my mouth and a bag over my head. Someone tied my hands behind my back. One of the other people in my room took my body and threw it over their shoulder like a bag of rotten potatoes.

I screamed through the gag and kicked my legs, but I didn't do anything that could help me in the situation. Through my screams, I somehow heard their whispers.

"Open the door." One said. I heard the click of the door opening and the person that held me over their shoulder started to walk.

"Make sure the bag doesn't fall off her head." Another said.

"Uh! I wish she would stop kicking!" The one holding me whispered.

I kicked harder.

----------------

About an hour and a half later, I felt myself sat down on a chair hard. I tried to stand up, but someone pushed me back and tied my hands to the chair.

The bag on my head was suddenly pulled off and there was a bright light displayed on me. I winced at it, biting hard on the gag.

"See, I said the light was too much!" One person said.

"Well, it's too late now. The light switch is all the way on the other side of the room and I don't feel like moving." Another said.

As my eyes adjusted to the light, I saw their faces.

Crimson, Hona, and Feather stood in front of me, crossing their arms.

"Crimson?" I muffled through the gag. "Hona? Feather?"

"Meep, we know something's going on with you. If you're not going to tell us, we'll force you." Hona said.

"What's going on?" Feather asked.

"She can't talk with a gag in her mouth!" Crimson said.

"It was your idea!" Feather yelled.

"Girls!" Hona said. "Enough!" 

Feather and Crimson turned away, folding their arms. Hona reached over and pulled the gag from my mouth.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I yelled.

"Us? What about you?" Hona yelled back. "What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me? Well, you should be talking! I am bad, but I don't go around and kidnap people!"

"Exactly!" Crimson shouted. "It should be someone else in that chair and you should be with us  asking THEM questions!"

"Okay," Hona said, putting a hand on Crimson's shoulder and pulling her back a little, "Maybe not too extreme, Crimson. Take it back a few notches."

"Got it." She said, not breaking eye contact with me.

"Meep, aside from being evil, as friends, we're worried." Feather said. "What's wrong with you? What's going on that we don't know about?"

"Feather!" I yelled. I closed my eyes and took a long breath. "That's the thing. There's nothing going on!"

"Then why have you been acting weird?" Hona asked.

"Describe acting weird." I said. Hona frowned. "I'm serious! I don't know how I've been acting differently! You need to tell me what I'm like, or I can't help you."

"Well, first of all, you said please." Hona said.

"It's just a word." I added.

"You've been really nice." Crimson said.

"I don't feel any different."

"You didn't want to go mess with the lost boys." Feather said.

"I didn't feel like it at the time."

"And, most importantly..." Hona said, looking to Crimson and Feather.

"You haven't burnt down the house yet." They all said together.

"Oh, guys! Come on, you're being ridiculous!" I yelled. "Feather, come untie me please."

"See, there it is again!" Hona said, holding back Feather who was about to come over and loosen the ropes. "Meep, this isn't normal for you."

"Hona! Just stop!" I screamed. The room went silent, and it felt like Hona and I were the only people in the universe. I stared at her as she glared back at me. 

Her black eyes burned into my skull, but I refused to look away. I knew what would happen if I did.

The last time I was in an argument with Hona, we did the exact same thing. We were dead silent. We didn't move a muscle, and Hona had been staring me down. Her black eyes were like a bear's, dark and menacing. I couldn't hold the stare. I looked away, but the second I did, Hona punched my gut. 

I had fallen to the ground, curled into a ball. Hona's anger and her Indian instincts came over her and she kicked my back. With another blow, I cried out in pain, feeling a rib shatter in my back.

She suddenly had my hair in her fist and a knife to my throat.

"Don't, Hona." I had whispered, a bloody nose running down my lips. She seemed to snap out of it just then, but if I hadn't said anything, she would have killed me. I still bore the scar on my left cheek from her knife. It had cut me when she let me go.

I couldn't let her do that again, so no matter how uncomfortable it made me feel, I had to keep eye contact with Hona.

"Don't do this, Hona." I said. My breath was hoarse and I was on the verge of looking away, when Hona caught my voice and looked away first.

"What happened last night?" Hona asked, looking at the floor. "When I left. What happened?"

"Hona, I swear on my life. I don't know. I can't remember anything past dinner." I said. She looked back at me.

"You promise?" She asked. I nodded my head and bit my lip. She stared at me and said, "Crimson, turn on the lights. Feather, shut off the lamp and untie her."

As my friends did as they were told, Hona and I never looked away. It wasn't as scary now, looking at Hona. Her eyes were soft now, comforting. She looked like she was as scared as I was. 

As soon as I was out of the binds and the normal lights were on, I realized that we were at Crimson's house. I saw the walls cluttered with antlers and animal heads that her father had successfully hunted without eating.

Hona put a hand on my shoulder as I stood up.

"Where's your spell book?" She asked.

"It's at my house, but why?" I replied.

"If you can't remember, I will." She said. She turned around and gathered all of us, heading out of the door and into Crimson's car, heading for my place, I would think.

I didn't know what she meant, but I was sure that I was going to find out.