Waking Up......The Hardest Thing I'll Ever Have to Do.

My vision slowly returned, but just as before, my body wasn't awake. I found myself staring at the ceiling, my body not moving.

Hona was there again with the flashlight in my eyes.

"Meep, you there?" She asked. I could feel my hot forehead dripping sweat down my brow, with my feet wrapped in ice packs again. The needle was once again in my arm with the liquid stuff going into it. Gently patting my face, Hona called to me again. "Come on, Meep."

I still couldn't move, and everything was shuttering. I couldn't tell if I was still dreaming or not, but it sounded like I wasn't. I felt like going back in, but Hona switched the liquid and pumped more in.

Still nothing.

I could feel my fingers moving, and I knew I was awake now, but my body wasn't doing anything I was telling it to.

"Meep!" Hona said, flashing the light in my eyes again. I squinted and she put it down, leaning over me. "You're awake, yes?" She asked. I nodded slightly.

Hona put her hand underneath my neck and pulled me into a sitting position.

"What happened?" She asked. I could move now that I was up, and I pulled her into a hug. Tears strolled down my face, but there was nothing I could do to stop them. I cried into her shoulder as Hona pulled me in close.

"You don't want to know, Hona." I sniffled. She patted my back as I cried some more. 

As I sobbed, I took shallow breaths in, and ended up getting hiccups. Hona pulled away from me then and took me by the shoulders.

"You gonna be alright?" She asked. I nodded while biting my lip, but that didn't stop me from blowing out and crying again.

"I feel like I'm dying." I cried.

"Well, let's get you on the couch and I'll make you feel better, how about that?" Hona asked.

"Thank you." I said.

"I need my strength back to do it though." Hona said. 

"Just say the same spell back as I did to you." I said. Hona obeyed and said the words, then touched my shoulder and our power switched back. When that was done, she scooped me up and carried me to the couch, removing the needle and the ice packs.

Once there, she sat next to me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you sure you're alright? You didn't look like it when you woke up." She asked.

"It's nothing." I said, choking down more tears.

"What was your dream?" Hona pushed.

"It was nothing, I promise." I said.

My first lie with the curse. It felt a little good, but the curse didn't settle for it. 

"It was just a bad dream." I followed, and that seemed to tame the curse.

"It didn't seem like it. You were crying while you were asleep." Hona said, and my hand shot straight to my eyes to rub them. I hadn't realized that I had been doing everything while I was asleep. I thought I was crying in my dream.

The pain still hurt my chest, like someone had punched my gut. My throat choked up again.

"It's fine. Thank you for doing that." I said, biting my fingernail. "You can go home now if you want."

"Alright." Hona said, standing up. "Call me if you need anything, and I'll see you at school then?"

"Yeah, see you at school." I said. I heard as Hona let herself out and closed the door. I waited a few minutes in silence, looking around the room. When I was sure that Hona was gone, I curled myself into a ball and grabbed my throat, trying to will it to let me breath.

I felt like my lungs had a hole in them. I could not get them to fill with air, just shallow breaths kept me alive.

My father was cruel to ask me to do that. What was the point? It didn't do anything but bring back eleven-years worth of pain for me.

The hurt in my chest only grew.

My mother had died right in front of me. But that was when I used my magic for the first time. What did my father want me to focus on? Her death, or my magic? Or both, maybe?

I shoved my face into the couch back and hit my face in a pillow, and then, I screamed until my voice cracked. 

My stomach was inside out and twisted around my heart. That's how bad it hurt. 

After a while I stopped crying, but I never left the couch. I couldn't. My body was paralyzed with fatigue and fear.

That's when I fell asleep, for real. The tiredness I felt consumed me until my mind gave out and let me go to sleep. 

My chest never let go of the pain and I had a hard time staying asleep.

One more day before my father comes home, then he can remove the curse and I can be left alone. For good.