Hypnotism is the Way to Go

I slammed my locker shut.

It was hard enough trying to be bad when my artificial mind and heart tell me to be good, but now people are talking about me and the accident with Mr. Hansel? It was like my entire life was flipped upside down, and I was now on the bottom of the food chain of high school. I was one of the freaks that I used to make fun of, and now everyone was making fun of me.

Not. Fair.

I turned to my right and saw Feather leaning on the lockers next to mine.

"Not in the mood, Feath." I said, turning away to go to magic chemistry. Feather grabbed my arm.

"Wait wait wait, not so fast!" She laughed. I looked back at her. "How was English? Did you do what we told you to?"

"Yes, and did I happen to hear a heads up about the people talking about Monday?" I asked her. Her face dropped. "Okay look, I'm sorry, it's just-"

"Ah ah ah!" Feather said, putting a finger to my lips. I froze and looked down at her hand in front of my face.

"Feather, get the finger off or you'll lose it." I said through her index. She quickly removed it from my face. "What?"

"Can't you remember the first rule of being bad?" She asked. I gave her a look that said that I wasn't going to say it, though I knew. "BE BAD!"

"I know!" I almost yelled. "I know, Feather. But, just because we're bad doesn't mean that we have to be savages."

"And that's where you're wrong." She said. Feather hooked her arm through mine and we began walking down the hallway, which was almost empty. My carrier's bag was around my other shoulder, sagging along as my hips moved it forwards and backwards with my walking. "See, Meep, it's like you gotta re-learn how to be bad."

"I know how to be bad, Feather, but because of the stupid curse, I can't think straight of it. And before you ask," I paused, looking at her, "no, I can't release the spell myself. My dad charmed it so only he can reverse it, I've tried."

I was about to go on, when a loud ringing sound came on.

"Oh crap! We're late for class!" I said, unhooking my arm from Feather and began to run. Feather and I had the same sixth period together.

"Hold it!" Feather said, grabbing my belt and pulling me back.

"Feather, we're late!" I said.

"Exactly!" She replied. "This is test two. Let's see if you pass."

"Feather!"

"Or we could go to class, apologize, and live with being called a goodie-two-shoes for the rest of your life." Feather said, letting go of my belt. I looked between her and the long hallway ahead of us.

"Arrrrrrgggggghhhhh!" I groaned. "Fine. But I don't like it."

"You will." She said, patting my back. "You will."

Feather hooked my arm again and we began to walk slower.

"You can be a pain sometimes, you know that?" I asked her. She giggled and nodded, looking straight forward.

"You'll appreciate it when you're older, sweetie." She said, laughing. I nudged her, but she nudged me harder back.

-----------------------

I swear, we only had about ten minutes in class when we entered the room. Feather told me to keep low and behind the other students, so that Mrs. Eleanor couldn't see us walk in. Feather chose two seats in the far back for us to sit in at the last lab station in the room.