Mirror Mirror in the Moonlight

"Where are we going?" I asked as Crimson turned into town.

Hona replied before Crimson could, "We're going to the dump."

"But why?" I asked.

I was sitting in the backseat of Crimson's car with Feather, while Hona was in the shotgun seat, Crimson driving. 

Hona didn't trust me completely yet. I didn't know why, I told her the truth. I guess that's why, because I have often not been honest before. But anyway, Hona had taken the same rope that had tied me to the chair and looped it on my wrist, tying it to the door handle in the inside of the car.

"We're going to find something." Hona said back. I bit my lip as Crimson turned to the parking lot in the dump.

"What are we going to find?" I asked. 

"Something that'll help you remember." Hona replied, and didn't say anything else.

I would guess that it was 11:30 by the time we stopped the car and Feather unhooked me from the handle. When we walked over to the front gate entrance, Hona yanked the gate to open, but it was locked.

"What now?" I asked, rubbing my wrist with the rope still attached to it. Hona didn't reply. Instead, she grabbed the long length of rope from my hand and started to climb the fence. "Hona, come on! Don't do this! We could get in trouble!" I said, surprised at the words flowing through my mouth.

Hona stopped and looked down at me. "Man there really is something wrong with you, isn't there?" She said, and resumed scaling the fence. When she got to the top, she sat on the top and tugged at the rope in her hand. "Let's go." She said, calling me like a dog.

I frowned at her and started to climb, Feather and Crimson right behind me. When we got to the top, Hona pulled me over and shoved me back down to the ground on the other side, hopping down next to me. I had landed on my stomach, face-first into the dirt. Hona laughed and picked me up by my t-shirt.

"Let's get this over with, Munchkin." Hona said, patting my back and walking further into the dump. I spat out dirt right as Hona yanked me to come with her. Feather and Crimson caught up and walked behind me, like I would run.

"Hona, why can't you just tell me what we're doing here? It's almost midnight and it stinks in here!" I said. Hona didn't answer, and she didn't need to. The second I said that, Hona stepped aside and brushed some trash away from something shiny.

It was a mirror, THE mirror, that the Evil Queen used to spy on Snow White. Hona looked at me.

"Ask what happened last night." She told me. I swallowed hard and walked up to it.

"Okay, um," I started. "Mirror Mirror....in the moonlight, show me what happened at my house last night?" 

The mirror spurted awake and swirled around in green fumes. It was hard to see through the dirt and grime, but I could vaguely see an image.

I was in my room, my dad standing in front of me. The scene was silent, but I could tell that he was yelling at me. I seemed to ask something, and he replied, but I didn't have a chance to say anything back before he brought his hands up and balled green magic in his palms.

The magic struck me in the chest and I had caved in, trying to block it. As I watched, I put my hand to my chest, almost like I could feel the pain again.

I screamed through the magic in the image, until finally I passed out. The image faded.

"What did your dad do?" Crimson whispered.

"We're going to find out." Hona said. She unlaced the rope from around my wrist. "I'm sorry I didn't believe you at first."

"It's okay. I wouldn't either." I said.

"Hey!" Someone shouted. All four of us looked behind us. A man in a police uniform shined a light on each of us. "You're not supposed to be here!"

"You're right, we're sorry!" I started to say, but Hona grabbed my arm and began to run.

"What are you doing?" She yelled at me. "Do you want us to go to jail?"

"I don't know what I'm doing anymore!" I yelled. We ran faster as Feather and Crimson lead us through the dump.

"If we go through the middle of the dump, we can get to the fence faster than they can catch us!" Feather yelled to us. "Just follow me!"

Feather lead us to the back of the dump, and straight into the middle. Just as we turned to enter the trash trail, red lights and alarms went off.

"Why is it such a big deal? It's TRASH!" Crimson yelled.

"Come on! Hurry up!" Hona yelled to her. It was all I could do to keep up with them. If I thought they were fast when I stole the red pumps, that was nothing compared to this.

Police were starting to follow us, and they were getting closer. Hona looked back at me.

"Meep, let's go!" She shouted.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back. Hona rolled her eyes, dropped back, and grabbed my arm, pulling me so fast I thought I would stumble.

We were suddenly stopped by Crimson and Feather who were ahead of us.

"What's the problem?" Hona asked. I looked past them and saw guards coming toward us from both sides.

"What do we do?" I asked. Feather stepped forward and got into her pouch. She handed each of us different colored fairy dust.

"Just put them on your hands and it'll do the rest!" She said. I looked at my palm. The dust was purple.

Turning back to the guards, Feather grabbed regular dust and blew it from her hand, hitting three guards. Their bodies suddenly started to float into mid-air. Crimson moved forward and put her hands out in front of her. The dust she had was blue, and her hands suddenly started to spurt out water. That hit four guards and knocked them out of our way.

Hona was next, and she ran ahead with us following behind. Putting her hands in front of her, the dust she had was pink, and suddenly the ground rumbled underneath us. Five vines flew up and trapped two guards in their limbs.

"Come on, Meep! Use yours!" Hona screamed, having more vines come up and trap another.

I bit my lip. "I can't! I don't know why but I can't!" I yelled. Hona shook off her fairy dust and came over to me. She grabbed my wrists and threw them around. The purple dust glowed and suddenly there was a large gust of wind. The last three guards were swept away by the sudden gust, and it was all I could do not to fall over. Hona stopped waving my hands around and pulled me as Feather and Crimson ran to the fence. 

Crimson was already at the top of the fence when we got there, Feather not far behind. Hona didn't wait for me to start climbing, but instead, she hauled me up and threw me farther onto the fence.  I looked down to see Hona turn around and got more pink dust on her hands, growing more vines to get the guards trapped again.

Crimson waited at the top, helping all of us get down on the other side, until finally she jumped down and ran with us to the car.

Starting the vehicle, all four of us jumped in and we were out of the parking lot in less than two minutes.