What is Happening to ME???

I jumped straight up from my bed with the sound of an alarm clock. Looking around for a moment, I realized that I was in my pajamas and underneath the covers, laying flat on my back with my hands across my chest. I reached over and clicked the alarm off.

I shook my head, a headache forming in my mind. I put my hand to my temples and rubbed back and forth.

"What happened last night?" I asked. Of course, no one answered me. I got up from the bed and went downstairs. It was my last day of suspension, before I had to go to school. My dad was gone and the entire house was to myself.

Pouring a bowl of cereal for myself, I tried to remember what happened the night before. Hona was over for a few hours, I was sure of that. But something made her go home and my dad sent me to my room.

I went into the living room and turned on the TV. I saw my phone sitting on the coffee table, and I figured that my dad had taken it away from me last night. I picked it up and saw I had three texts. One from my dad, one from Hona and one from Feather.

I read Hona's first.

Dude, sorry about last night. Are you OK? I heard screaming outside ur house and thought u were fighting w/ ur dad. 

So that must be why Hona left. My dad and I got into a fight and she decided to go home. I texted her back saying that I was fine and it didn't really matter. 

I read my dad's next.

I'll be home on Sunday. Be good, and don't light the house on fire.

I won't. I replied. Huh, I guess I wasn't going to. I didn't really feel like doing anything right now.

Feather's was last.

Hey, wanna go tease the lost boys for a little birthday-make-up? She texted.

Feather, that's wrong. I replied. It's not nice to tease the lost boys, and I don't want to be apart of that. If you wanna be mean to them, you go ahead without me. Besides, you need to stop skipping class.

OK, drop the act, Dorothy. I kno you wanna do it.

No, Feather, I don't. I'm serious. Was I?

Feather didn't reply, and I didn't text her anything else. I was too confused myself.

Why didn't I want to go with her? It was my favorite thing since coming to Fairy Tale Central.

This all felt weird and uncomfortable to me. I didn't know why I was acting like this. I would usually be out creating mishap all over the town if I had an excuse to be out of school, but here I was, sitting on the couch watching TV with nothing better to do.

I decided to shake it off and pay attention to the screen.

An hour later, I got a text from Crimson this time.

OK, something better be wrong. I know you, and if your dad isn't home, you're home alone, and not one TV News Station has a story about you burning something to the ground, something's up. She said.

Nothing's wrong, I just don't really want to do anything. I'm watching TV at home. I replied. 

Crimson didn't text back, and I didn't have anything else to say. I was still a little confused about it myself.

What was going on?

------------------------

After school, Hona, Feather, and Crimson came over to my house.

"Hey, Meep." Hona said. Feather and Crimson were right behind her, but they didn't say anything to me.

I closed the door and let them into the kitchen.

"So, can I get you guys anything?" I asked, clapping my hands together nervously. I didn't know why I didn't just take them upstairs and get the prank equipment out again.

"Meep, are you....feeling okay?" Crimson asked. "Like, in the......" She motioned her hand to her head, pointing to me.

"You think I'm mental?" I yelled.

"Well, no, but-"

"Look, can we please just go upstairs and hang, or something?" I asked.

The room was dead silent, all three of my friends staring at me.

"What?" I said, shrugging.

"Meep, you never say please." Hona said. I rolled my eyes.

"Hona, it's a word. Who cares?" I asked.

"Meep, no matter how you use it, it's a word, but it's a word that you have never used before." Crimson said.

"It's not like you." Feather added.

"WHO CARES?" I yelled. "Sorry, but I can't deal with this right now." I got up from the bar and pulled Feather off of her stool. "I'll see you guys tomorrow at school."

"But-" Crimson said, following Hona and Feather as I lead them to the front door.

"Just-" I started. I turned to them as I opened the door. "I'll see you tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by."

"Meep, wait!" Hona said, but I shut the door before she could finish her sentence. I turned around and huffed.

When I did, I noticed that the living room was littered with clothes, books, dishes and makeup of mine. 

"This place is disgusting!" I said. 

For the next hour, I cleaned, organized and put away all of the stuff. It felt a little strange that I wanted to clean up, but I couldn't stand another moment in the filthy room. Of course, my room was messier, but by the time I finished the living room, it was dinner time.

I went into the pantry and brought out a pack of noodles. While I cooked them, I texted my dad.

How is Oz? I asked.

Oz is great! I will still have a house when I get back, yes?

I'm not that immature. Love you.

Love you too.

I love you? How have I sunk that low? I haven't said that since I was six! What was wrong with me?

When I had finished cooking the noodles, I sat down and watched TV as I ate them. The day was so weird, I didn't do anything, and that's not normal for me. So what? Maybe I don't feel like doing anything today. I thought.

I finished my noodles and decided to go to bed. I was too tired to stay awake any longer.

Going upstairs, I heard something outside of the house. I went into my room and looked out my window. Scorch was right underneath the window, waiting for her dinner. I smiled and got into the metal chest. I pulled out meat and threw it out my window, watching Scorch catch it in her mouth. She flew up and I petted her scales for a moment.

"Oh, Scorch, stop it!" I laughed as she nudged me with her muzzle. I closed the drapes to the window and turned back around.

When I did, I gasped.