Day 25

✦✗✦✗✦✗✦

"Please tell me that's not what I think it is."

You don't look up.

You tried to cover up the bruise on your cheek, right under your eye, but you didn't do a very good job. Tyler saw it.

You angrily write LEAVE ME ALONE in your notebook and basically throw it at him.

"No."

You look up at him incredulously.

He's simply standing there. "No," he shrugs, shaking his head. "You know what? No. I'm not leaving you alone."

He sits down next to you. "I'm staying right here."

You glare at him, and he glares right back. It's not at angry glare, more like a, 'I don't care what you say, I'm doing what I want' glare.

Eventually the tears come out, and the anger is replaced by sadness. You fall back against the tree, close your eyes, and sob. Silently, of course.

Your dad found out you went to the concert instead of work last night. Your mom found out you didn't get your paycheck.

Needless to say, it ended badly.

Tyler wraps an arm around your shoulder and pulls you into him.

"Whatever they tell you isn't true, okay?" He says. "You're not useless, you're not a mistake, y-you're not anything they say you are. It's not your fault. An-And don't think you do deserve this," he lightly brushes his finger across the bruise on your cheek. "Because you don't."

And then he's quiet, and so are you, but tears still pour out of your eyes.

And there, huddled underneath that tree, Tyler kisses you again.

✦✗✦✗✦✗✦