fourteen : alexander

{tw alcohol and drug use}

John was going to be released in two weeks.

The prospect made Alexander happy, but he was also worried. Where was he going to get the money?! How was he going to pay the hospital?! Normally, he could rely on Eliza for the money, but... that wasn't going to happen anymore. He was on his own.

Alexander didn't know what to do. So, naturally, he lost himself in drugs.

It was only midnight, and he was already tipsy. The music was louder and better, everyone was attractive, the conversations were important. Alexander felt the alcohol buzz, wanting to get fully drunk before the drugs came.

He needed to forget. He drank another shot.

John didn't matter tonight. Another.

The bills will matter tomorrow. Another.

Lafayette's warning wouldn't hurt him tonight. Another.

Forget, forget, forget. Shot, shot, shot.

He knew he was getting more and more drunk, and he loved it. His throat burned, curing the ache in his heart. He felt happy, he felt free. John and debt and Thomas and Henry were but a distant memory. Now, it was the drinks and this girl. In-between shots, he had begun talking to the woman next to him. She was super hot and had a super interesting story. She was sooooooo much more interesting than the lame music.

Her name was Eliza. Why was that name familiar? He shrugged it off, drinking another shot as she told her story.

Her boyfriend had left her- what a bitch! She was hot and nice and deserved someone better. Like him.

He took another shot as they exchanged numbers.

The song changed. Alexander gasped, recognising the song, and stood up. He drank one last shot (seriously, he had to have the beer next), and got up, moving to where the others were dancing.

He began to dance, what he thought was quite well. It consisted of jumping and spilling drinks. Finally, he unbuttoned ohs shirt as it became too tight, watching the others dance.

Once his shirt was completely unbuttoned, he jumped back in, screaming the lyrics. He was drunk on the liquor and he knew it- it burned in his veins like an unquenched fire as he danced faster and faster, jumping and turning and waving his arms about.

He freed his hair from its bun with a grin, winking at Eliza.

The song changed shortly after, and he went back to drinking.

"Nachos, sir?"

"Oh, God yes," he slurred, realising how hungry he was. "Put fuckin' everything on that shit, yo."

"Erm- okay," the waiter responded.

"Wait! Gimme another shot, bitch..."

"Yessir."

"Make me allllll the nachos. I'm the Nacho King!"

The waiter turned to go make the nachos without another word.

A girl sat next to him, a girl that wasn't Eliza. but boy, she was attractive.

"It's Maria. Remember me?" She wasn't drunk, which made Alexander frown.

Alexander blinked. "Want a drink?"

"Only if you buy it," she smiled her sultry smile, and Alexander began yelling for someone to give the pretty lady a shot. "Thank you," she smiled. She leaned in close, her rouge lips touching his ear. "I have the heroin," she whispered hotly against his ear, and Alexander shivered. She bit the tip of his ear before pulling back and staring at him, taking a sip of her beer. "Come with?"

The nachos were put in front of Alexander. "I need the fuckin' food first."

"You're a hungry boy," she noted as he ate- wolfed down, more like- his nachos. "I think I could satisfy you..."

Alexander got the feeling she wasn't talking about food. Hie eyes feel to her chest, then the holy space between her legs.

He finished his nachos quickly, stumbling out of the bar. "Yes please," he slurred once more.

He gripped Maria's small arm for support, waving goodbye to Eliza shakily, until they got in her car.

"Want the drugs?"

Alexander nodded, like a puppy.

"Then work for it."

Off went her dress. Off went his pants. Off went his thoughts of John.

}{

He got the drugs.

And it was the best night of his life, but he had the worst hangover after.