Chapter 20: Hospital/Aftermath

Roman:"Shit! Shit! Shit! What if she doesn't get up! I know I should have went with her. When did he even come back! I thought I had more time to protect her."

Dean:"She'll wake up, and be fine. You couldn't have known he would be here and target her."

Roman:"What if she-"

Dean:"Calm down. Let's just sit with her."

Doctor:"The test results came back. She is not in a coma, but she has a concussion. Its mild, so she'll be out of the ring for two weeks. Her shoulder is a little banged up but she should be fine. She's just tired right now, and I suggest one of you stay with her the two weeks if you schedule will allow."

Roman:"Thank you. I'll stay with her."

The doctor leaves. Roman runs his fingers through her hair, and kisses her forehead.

Dean:"You really love her. I've never seen you like this."

Roman:"Well, love can make you kinda crazy. I think she's accomplished that."

They both laugh.

Nicky starts to wake up, and Roman moves over a bit to give her more space.

(Nicky's POV)

I wake up with a major headache.

Nicky:"What happened? Wait, it was Randy wasn't it! Ugh, I'm going to kill him when I see him!"

Roman puts his arm around me and whispers to me.

Roman:"Calm down." I lay my head on his chest.

Dean:"How do you do that so easily it normally takes like 6 people and some rope to calm her down."

I laugh.

Roman:"Guess I just have the magic touch."

Nicky:"So, how bad am I banged up?"

Roman:"You're out of action for two weeks. You have a mild concussion, so you're not hurting him just yet. I'm not letting you get hurt again."

I love this man. Why did I even fuck things up with him? He's so perfect.

Dean:"I'm going to get food, want anything?"

Nicky:"Salad, please."

Roman:"Just get me whatever."

Dean leaves.

Nicky:"I love you. I know I fucked up. I know I'm an awful person, but I love you more than anything else."

Roman:"I love you too. Stop stressing about us. We'll get back to where we were again. I'll never stop loving you, you know that."

He kisses my forehead, and interwines our fingers together.

Nicky:"Ooh! You're still wearing the dog tags."

Roman:"Yeah, they're the first gift you gave me."

Nicky:"But they're all messed up. They wrote the words wrong."

Roman:"But it was still from you, so its special. You still were the locket I gave you on our last date."

Nicky:"Yeah. It's like my favorite thing. It reminds of how lucky I am to have you in my life."

Roman:"You know, I'm never leaving your side after this."

I laugh. I've missed how overprotective he is.

Nicky:"Yeah, I figured I'd be on 24/7 watch." He looks so good right now. Damn, he's so hot.

Roman:"I know what you're thinking. The doctor said no physical activity."