Chapter Two

Or I would pick him up rather.

We needed to tell our families, our parents; so Luke got a flight into the nearest airport and I picked him up. It was a little weird to see him; we'd only been apart a few weeks, yet everything had changed. Both of of us had changed, but our longing to be together simply hadn't.

How could I have been so stupid as to let him go?

When he stepped into my view and I seen he was wearing the shirt I bought him; I screamed at myself internally, how could one look so perfect? Even after the flight; his tousled hair sat perfectly flopping over his forehead, his eyes sparkled like the cleanest of oceans and his smile was bright than the sun. I couldn't contain myself and I ran forward to him. He dropped his suitcase and scooped me up into his arms and we kissed like it was our last dying breath.

God, I'd fucking missed him.

"That flight was horrific," He told me as we walked out of the airport and in the direction of my car, our heads hung low. "Some kid was kicking my chair the whole time, I was ready to kick him."

I laughed as I opened up the boot and he flung his black suitcase in. We climbed inside the car and buckled ourselves in before I pulled away out the parking space. It was only midday and the blazing heat pounded the pavements of the city, so the air-con was up full blast.

It felt as though nothing had changed between us; we were still comfortable with each other, we still made jokes and he still held onto my thigh as I was driving. Just wait till I have to stand up and he gets to hear the seductive sound of my bare skin detaching from the leather seats.

"Are we going straight to your parents place?" I asked him as we stopped at the lights.

"Yeah. They know I'm coming; I don't think this will be what they're expecting though." He laughed halfheartedly as the lights changed to green and I drove over the four intersecting crossings into a line of traffic.

"I can't believe we're going to be parents." I said, glancing at Luke. He caught my eye and we both smiled.

"Me neither. That's my little baby- our child, inside your stomach right now." He grinned.

The thought of giving birth literally made my toes curl and hair stand on edge; wasn't it supposed to be like super painful? I was only a few weeks and had hundreds of milestones to hit before I came close to giving birth but it still scared the shit out of me.

And you know what else scared the shit out of me? Parking in Luke's parents driveway and stepping out the car, knowing in the next half an hour or so, their whole lives would change depending on how well they took the news.

I like Luke's parents; really, I do. But telling them I'm un-expectantly pregnant with their grandchild was a whole different ball game. And as for telling my parents? Well have you ever told your parents that you're pregnant with your ex-bully/ex-boyfriend who's not your ex-boyfriend anymore's baby? I didn't think so.

Luke's mother was especially nice when we came in and his family welcomed us as we wandered into the living room. Even his siblings where there which made me shit myself even more. I literally had to tell his whole family. 

"I guess you two are back together now?" His older brother smirked as we sat down on the sofa. "That lasted long."

"Shut up." Luke grumbled jokingly and I sat with a sheepish expression on my face; cheeks tinting red. "Actually, we came to tell you something."

"Oh dear, I hope its nothing bad." Luke's mum looked genuinely concerned and I felt a bit bad. She was always nice to me.

"No, it's nothing bad. I promise." Luke quickly reassured both his mother and the rest of his family.