Chapter Twenty-One

I'm suddenly beginning to think this is a very bad idea. I've walked two blocks, I'm lost and I don't have my phone or anything. I don't even have my purse. 

Luckily, it's still light out but I'm starting to feel the fall weather come into play. I also start to feel very lonely, there's no friends I have here that live nearby, or really anyone nearby. My Grandfather is a forty minute drive away, and I don't even have his number to call him. 

God dammit, Luke. 

God dammit, Mila.

I know I should've just been honest, but the complete filth that came from his mouth is something that feels permanent on my skin like a birth mark or a freckle. It makes me feel dirty the words that he called me; it makes me feel like I've done what he thinks I did. 

"Are you alright, Miss?" I'm distracted from my thoughts as a car rolls up beside me. I guess I looked pretty funny with a a belly sticking out my like I was pregnant with an elephant, wandering aimlessly around the streets, not even bothering to walk in a straight line. 

The person in the car is a woman with brown bob-cut hair and olive skin. I'm assuming it's her kids in the car as well, because they look exactly like her. A teenage girl with her phone glued to her hand in the front seat, and a boy no older than eleven or twelve is examining a comic book. I think it's a Marvel one.

"Yeah, sure. I'm fine." I say to her, brushing off her question. 

"Can I help you at all?" She says. 

I look into the distance, the sun blinding me. "No, I'm good. I'm just headed that-a-way." I point forward. 

"Are you sure, Miss?" I obviously look a right sorry state, because this woman is not giving up. 

I think for a moment. "Actually, you wouldn't happen to have to have a couple of dollars I could borrow." I say borrow as if I have the intention of giving it back. "I'm trying to get to my Grandfathers, I need to pay for my bus fare."
"Where about is that?"
"Beverly Hills." 
"Oh honey, you won't be able to get a bus to there." She gives me a sympathetic look. "That's at least three or four buses from here."
"Oh." Is all I say.

"Listen, if you need a ride?..." She says slowly. "I don't want to leave you, pregnant and all."

I think about her offer. It's pretty late. "Beverly Hills is pretty far away..."

"Get in." She orders me, "We're just heading home anyway."

I give her an apprehensive look. I don't even know this woman. 

"Don't worry honey, as a mother to a mother to be. I just want to help." Whatever sincerity in her voice leads me to accepting her offer and she makes her teenage daughter climb into the back seat and makes me sit in the front. 

Apparently her name is Caroline and she's a real estate agent originally from Minnesota, but after she met her first husband she moved out to LA. She then divorced her first husband and then met Tate, and they had two kids named Jen and Sam. Then she asks me what I'm doing wandering the streets, so I tell her the whole situation. She tells me that he needs to sort himself out and step up. I tell her it was partly my fault, which she agrees but he still had no right to speak to me like that.

As everyone does, all three of them take a gasp as I point out my Grandfather's house standing proudly like a brick building in a hurricane and I tell them I'll run and get the gas money I owe her. She tells me not to worry about it, I object multiple times.

She re-starts the engine. "Seriously, this is mu husbands car. I didn't even pay for the gas."  

Sam rolls down his window from the backseat, a little blonde tuft sticking out his hair. "I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for."

"What?..." I say but they're already away. I stare after the car as it drives down the street and out of view. 

I think of what Sam said to me. I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for. I hope I do too, buddy. 

I speak too soon. As I walk up the driveway, I don't see my Grandfather's car, but I do see Luke's. Fucking dick. Fucking big, fat dick with a cherry on top. I wants to say its him I'm looking for but its not. He's a dick. 

He steps out the car just as I attempt to step behind one of the giant hedge plant things standing in a pattern in the front yard. I awkwardly step back out and come face to face with him. If there wasn't so much tension, this would almost be comedic.

"What the fuck are you playing at, Mila? I've been looking everywhere for you?" He's already started his attack. 

"What do you mean what am I playing at? Don't be such an asshole, asshole." I say back to him. "If you hadn't accused me of being some sort of girl who plays the field, I wouldn't have left."

"If you had just told me what was going on, I wouldn't be acting this crazy!" He shouts. 

I throw my hands up in frustration. "Well if you hadn't decided to penetrate my fucking vagina that's apparently been in contact with every guy on this side of the globe, we wouldn't be having this fucking problem. In fact, if you had never messaged me on twitter after we met in the supermarket, you wouldn't have to deal with me at all you big fucking dick-shaped ass wipe."

I'm out of  breath by the time I finish this sentence. Luke appears to have taken a slight whiplash from my sudden outburst.

"So are you saying you don't want to be with me?" He runs a hand frustratingly through his hair. "Make up your fucking mind, Mila!"

"Make up your fucking mind, Mila." I mimic in a sarcastic tone. "How about you make up your mind, Luke? Are you the kind, warm-hearted person I thought you where, or are you just a big jerk?"
Luke cracks a smile. "Did you honestly just call me a jerk?" 

"Don't laugh! I'm angry with you!" I put my hands on my hips. 

He starts to laugh hysterically, covering his mouth and looking away. "I'm angry at you."

I bite my cheeks to stop myself laughing. 

"I was really fucking worried there, Mila. I thought you'd come back after a few minutes. I've been driving around town trying to find you." He tells me. 

"How did you find jerk funnier than a dick-shaped ass wipe." I ask him, cocking my head to the side. 

He grins again. 

I sigh loudly. "For the record, I am sorry." 

"I'm sorry as well." Luke grabs onto my arm and pulls me into his chest. "I'm sorry for being a big dick-shaped ass wipe and a jerk."

I wrap my arms around his waist. "If it makes you feel better, you can call me a really immature name?"

"I already had one for you? Don't you remember?" He says.

I shake my head. 

"Heartbreak Girl."

//////////////////////////////////

A/N

Hey guys! 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for reading. I feel like Luke and Mila just can't help it, they clash quite a lot and there's probably going to be a lot more explosions. *hint hint*

-ImJustFabu x