Chapter Twenty

"Yeah, we're just looking at the baby things, figuring out if we need anything else for the bedroom." I tell Luke over the phone. I'm a liar. I'm a big fat liar, and Matias is smirking at me as my hand shakes holding the phone.

"Cool," I can hear the rumble of people talking in the background. "You can pick out some furniture if you want to. I trust your judgement."

I hate lying to him. But this is the only way it can be. My brother pushes open the door into the clinic and I walk in behind him. He says my name to the receptionist and she nods, then we take a seat in the waiting area.

"I'll keep a look out for anything I think might look nice," I tell him. "How's the promo tour going?"

"Great, we're just heading to another interview. I've met a lot of fans, sang a few songs, everything is good in 5SOS-land." He laughs and I laugh with him. "I've got to go babe, but I'll call you later. I can't wait to see you tomorrow"

"Okay, I love you." I reply.

"I love you too." The call disconnects and I shove my phone back into my bag. Then I start fidgeting nervously.

"I love you..." Matias mimics and I slap him on the arm.

The doctor calls my name, and my brother gives my hand a quick squeeze before I take a deep breath and follow him into his office.

Now I'm going to tell you this in private. Paternity tests are not fun, they are not comfortable in the slightest. The Doctor tells me over and over again that's it's a quick process and she leaves with a swab of Luke's DNA that I swiped from his toothbrush and whatever it is she takes from my body to compare. I almost lose my dignity rolling about the bed, everything sort of hanging out but The Doctor probably really doesn't care. She tells me to go back to the waiting area and she'll give me the results soon. The wait is agonizing. Matias is trying to keep my spirits up but I have an intense feeling of potential projectile vomiting and these little fuckers in my stomach won't stop kicking. It's like they know what's up. Well yeah, they probably do. They know who their daddy is, I fucking don't.

My hands are shaking as I re-enter her office and she sits with a set of results in front of her. I think I'm going to start projectile vomiting sitting in this plastic, uncomfortable chair.

"Well," She starts. "It's good news. The DNA matches up, Luke Hemmings is the biological father of your children."

The words she says sound like sweet music to my ears. It's as if the sun is shining brighter than ever before and the birds are singing in the trees. All that's good is right, or whatever the saying is.

I'm so happy, I don't even cry as I leave Matias, Gloria and Mason at the airport to fly back to Australia. Well I do, but not badly. Just a sniffle.

I even sing as I drive home, belting out the lyrics and cars next to me turn and stare.

"When the girls, when the girls talk boys!" I shout with all my might. This song is such a fucking jam and Luke sounds good as shit. They all sound good as shit.

The door is unlocked when I arrive home and I get a sudden lump in my throat until I realize it's Luke.

"Hey babe!" I say, walking towards him as he sits on the sofa. "You're home early. I thought you weren't home till later?"

He doesn't even look at me. "We took the earlier flight."

"Oh, alright. I'm glad your home." I say. I'm not sure what his problem is. "Are you alright, Luke?"

"You got anything to tell me, Mila?" He finally looks up at me. I shake my head. "You sure? Think real hard."
I cock my eyebrow. "I don't think so."
"Think hard. Real, fucking hard."
"Luke, what's you problem?" I start to get slightly annoyed.

"Cut the shit, Mila!" He shouts suddenly and slams his palms down onto the leather couch. I take a step back as I jump in fright. He stands up to come face to face with me. "How about you tell me if I'm the fucking father of those babies inside of you? Huh?"

I gulp. He pulls the letter from the back pocket of his jeans. It's my appointment letter. I left it on my bedside table; god, I'm such an idiot.

"What a lovely fucking surprise this was coming home to. So go on then? Tell me? Since you where oh so sure I was the dad. 'The dates add up Luke'.

I'm at a loss for words.

"What the fuck is this? I thought you knew who the dad was?" He begins pacing. "You told me I was. But now I find out you've been putting yourself out and don't even know who the father is? I didn't take you for that kind of girl, Mila. Did you just decide to say it was me because I offered to pay for all your shit?"

"Fuck off, Luke." I say calmly.

"Fuck off, Luke." He imitates. "Honestly. You fucking slut."

Suddenly I'm eighteen years old again and I'm scared and I'm vulnerable, creeping around the school halls and avoiding Luke like the plague. But this time I'm not putting up with his shit.

"Whatever." I grab the keys from the kitchen counter.

"Where the fuck are you going? Away to find the real baby daddy?" He spits at me. His eyes are practically red with anger and steam is pouring from his ears. His voice is like venom.

"Call me when you calm down." I say.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going with my car?"

I look at the keys in my hand and shake my head, letting out a breathless laugh.

"Whatever." I throw the keys harshly at his chest and he catches them as I open the door.

"You're such a bitch, Mila." He says.

I take a step out the door.

"In case you care, you're the dad." His face drops. "But I'm just a slut who puts herself out for every other guy, so you know what Luke? You can fuck off."

I slam the door so hard it echoes down the stairwell. He doesn't even come after me.

///////////////////////////

A/N

hey guys,

Haha, oh shit. They really just did that. What do you think will happen next? Leave comments to let me know!

Thank you so much for reading.

-ImJustFabu x