Chapter Eleven

"Lia, no boy can fix you. This isn't the movie. You need to have the strength to fix yourself." I say over the phone to my client.

Our arrangement of still continuing therapy is working well so far, we arrange sessions over telephone where I can help Lia, even though I'm far away. Every Tuesday and Thursday I call for Lia to vent to me and I try to help her through it. Apparently, she has a boyfriend from her new school; I'm conflicted over the whole situation.

"He's very sweet and he listens to me, he's the same as me." She defends, although not with attitude. I pace back and forwards, Luke motions for me to move out the way of the TV. I stick my tongue out at him.

"I understand Lia, but I also need you to understand that having someone doesn't automatically fix you. I'm so glad, so happy, that you have found someone; if not a boyfriend, but just a friend. I'm so glad. But I just don't want you to think a boy can sort everything out."

"We talk a lot about how we feel. He understands when I say crazy things."

"Have you made any other friends since moving school?" I ask, pacing again and biting one of my nails. I really need a pedicure; fuck sake Mila, not the time.

"A few. A girl name Christie and a boy named Matias." My mouth forms into an 'O' and Luke gives me a confused expression. "They're both really nice."

This is too weird a coincidence. I need to call me brother later.

"That's good you're making friends." I say, trying to swallow my surprise before I spit it out like- "Our session is nearly finished now, Lia. But we have another session booked for Thursday, so I shall speak to you then."

"Okay, thank you Doctor Mills." I always forget she calls me that. Usually she calls me my first name. "I'll speak to you on Thursday."

"Speak to you then." I hang up the phone and throw myself down next to Luke; forgetting I'm pregnant for a moment and that I really shouldn't be doing much physical activity.

Luke puts his phone to the side and shifts himself around so he can wrap himself around me and trace circles on my stomach. Then he kisses my cheek. Little fucker thinks he's so smooth.

"You'll never guess who Lia is friends with." I tell him as we watch the TV. "My brother."

"No shit. That's weird." Luke says.

"I know right. I want to call my brother and ask him about it." I pick up my phone again.

"You're always on that damn phone making calls or whatever it is you do." He sounds slightly irritated. I sit up suddenly and he looks at me with a blank expression.

"Well I have to do my job. And speak to my family. And my friends." I spit back. Suddenly I'm irritated; which is so unlike me. Note the sarcasm.

"Whenever I'm home, you're always speaking to someone; making a god damn call."

"Apologies for time difference. I didn't plant the countries where they're situated, I can't control the rotation of the planet." God, he's so fucking annoying.

"I don't appreciate you're fucking sarcasm," He replies curtly. "God, no wonder you're mum went crazy on the phone at you. You're so fucking sarcastic all of the fucking time."

"Okay, one; she went crazy because I visited my Grandfather and she told me not to. Two; I'm not sarcastic all the time. And three; stop fucking swearing at me."

"You literally just swore at me." Luke jumps up from the sofa to exaggerate his annoyance. He's so over dramatic.

"Luke, you're really grinding my gears right now." I warn him.