Chapter Seventeen

October came and went like rain in the desert. Lily's party was fun; Luke and I dressed up as superheroes, I was Wonder Woman and he was Superman; my parents called; Matias called; I still didn't answer Riley's letter; Gloria and Mason video chatted me. And now here we where, back to the Doctor, my stomach facing the ceiling and my eyes facing my three beautiful babies that showed on the screen. Luke's eyes were locked as he looked at his little humans moving around. 

"Everything looks normal. Three happy, healthy babies." The Doctor says as he puts down his equipment and smiles at us. "Would you like to find out the sexes today?" 

Luke and I glance at each other. 

"I'm down if you are." Luke says. I nod in reply. 

"Brilliant. Let me grab the records and sonogram, I'll be back in two minutes." The doctor leaves the room and I wipe myself down before tugging my elasticated shirt back over my protruding stomach. 

A few moments later the doctor  came back in and sat down at his desk. He grinned. "Congratulations, it's a girl. Or three to be exact." 

Luke's jaw dropped to the floor. I slapped his leg excitedly. 

"I'll give you all the information you need here, in regards to booking a hospital room. You're due March eleventh." He handed us a bundle of things that looked a little intimidating. 

We both shook his hand as we left and thanked him. As soon as we got out the surgery, Luke wrapped me up into his arm and we shared a kiss that felt like eternity. Breathless, we climbed into the car and drove away, holding hands as Luke dodged traffic. 

"Lunch to celebrate?" He asked. His cheeks where tinted red and blue eyes gleaming as he smiled into the distance. 

"Our favorite place?"
"Where else would we go?" He smirked. 

Luke and I's new favorite place to eat out was a restaurant in called 'Freddie's', which served all kind of glorious food; burgers draped in condiments, pastas in creamy sauces and my personal favorite- Margarita pizza served with potato chips and mixed salad, drenched in dressing and BBQ sauce on the side. My mouth was watering just thinking about it. 

Luke parked the car and rushed round the other side to help me out, and together we waddled into the restaurant. It was practically dead inside. There wasn't anyone sitting at any of the normally full tables where empty, and there was not a waiter inside. I glanced around. 

"Surprise!" 

I jumped in fright as a thousand voices shouted at once and I stumbled backwards a little in my thin sandals, but luckily Luke caught me. I looked around the place where familiar, grinning faces where standing. Gloria clutching balloons, my mother with a two tier cake bearing a sparkling decoration, Luke's mother's arms piled high with presents. 

"It's not my birthday is it?" I ask Luke, clueless. I've suddenly lost every brain cell that gained me that degree in college. 

"It's your baby shower, Mila." My mother laughs as she comes forward and embraces me, kissing me on the forehead. "Luke arranged the whole thing." 

"You did?" I turn to him. He shrugs his shoulders and gives a smug expression. "Impressive, Hemmings."

"Don't act so surprised." He scolds jokingly. 

"Matias!" I call. My little brother appears from behind my mother. I grab him by the shoulders and basically strangle him as he holds onto me. "I missed you!"

I hug the rest of the people there; Mason, my father, Luke's family. Everyone is here, ready for a meal. The waiters don't even need to ask my order and I wolf down a whole twelve inch pizza to myself before sitting back and rubbing my stomach as my three little babies moved around in my stomach like little fucking alien weirdos. Sorry, I didn't know how else to describe them. 

Everyone ends back at our apartment, eating Victoria Spongecake and sipping on juice, -champagne for those who aren't pregnant-, whilst catching up on all the recent events. 

I guess time flies when you're having fun; because I hadn't seen my brother physically in two months and he had now grown taller, Gloria's hair had been braided into cornrows from her original afro; something she didn't do often. And Mason was now working on a new book - something he'd failed to mention over the phone. 

"I can't believe I'm going to have three nieces." Matias says as we sit outside on the balcony, away from all the ruckus. 
"I can't believe I'm going to have three daughters. That's a handful and a half." I laugh. 

We both take a sip of our juices. 

"Matty, I've got a surprise for you." I tell him. I reach into my pocket and pull out a letter. "This is for you. Read it aloud."

He rips open the seal and opens up the letter. He coughs and then starts. "Dear Master Matias Milagros Mills. We are writing on behalf of Manchester United Football Club. We have recognized your fantastic talent and would like to offer you a place in a month long football session where you will gain valuable skills, learn how to work as part of a professional team and have a chance to train with the Manchester United Team- what the fuck?" His voice got higher and higher the more he read. 

"Congrats dude." I smile. 

He stares at the letter in disbelief. "How the hell did this happen?" 

"Well..." I start. "You know my friends Lily? She's Calum girlfriend. Yeah?" He nods. "Her older brother plays for Manchester United, so naturally I mentioned that you enjoyed playing football. And that you wanted to play professionally. So she called her brother, he came along when the scouts where at your football match, he was impressing; voila." 

"You're honestly the best sister ever." He reached across and we hugged each other tightly. "I love you." 

"You've got a talent, I wasn't going to sit back and let it not be shown." I say. "Especially when I'm your sister, and I love you."

/////////////////

A/N

Thank you all for reading!
What do you think of the story so far?

-ImJustFabu x