Chapter Five

"If that phone rings one more fucking time, I swear to god-"
"Can it, Luke." I scorned. Relieving myself from the pressure of his arm across the underline of my stomach, I stretched over to the bed side cabinet and grabbed my buzzing phone. It had rang probably about ten times since eight o'clock this morning. Luke was getting tired of it and so was I.

"Hello?" I said, my voice croaky and I coughed quietly. 

"Hello, I'm phoning to speak to Mila Mills." A woman's voice spoke through the phone, high pitched and a thick Australian accent showing through. 

"Speaking." 

"This is Amanda Hendrix, Lia's mother." 
"Oh yes, hello." I sat up in the bed, pulling the sheet over me to cover my bare chest. Luke wiggled his eyebrows at me. "How are you?"
"I'm good. I'm sorry, I got your number from one of the receptionists at the practice. I understand you're not coming back to work there anymore?"
"Yes, due to circumstances, I'll no longer be working at the practice." I apologize, sincerely.

"Lia really loved working with you. I'm not sure whether it's because she trusted you, or you're young and she finds it easier to talk to someone close to her age, or what. But if you're still continuing on as a therapist somewhere else, I'd hope that it would be okay for Lia to move with you?" She asks, her voice hopeful but I know she had her doubts. 

"I'm currently in the phase of moving away to America," I could practically feel her shoulders slump, "But I'll still be living in Australia for a while longer. I'm planning on turning to a private therapist but I'd love to carry on having Lia as one of my clients."

"Oh, thank the Lord." Mrs Hendrix sighed. "Is it possible to schedule an appointment with you? Relatively ASAP." 

"Of course, let me get my diary." I told her. I don't actually have a diary, so I grabbed a notepad from the bedside cabinet and a pen, "When would you like?"
"Anything, as soon as possible." She sounded rather desperate. 

"I don't currently have any appointments today, I could schedule one in for later today if that's suitable for you?" I twirl the pen in my hand.

"Brilliant. Lia finishes school at four, would it be possible for anything after quarter past?" She asks. I can hear her fiddling with some, scrambling for a pen most likely to write this down.

"Of course. How about four thirty? And I'm freelance, so I now come to the client, as opposed to the client coming to me." I tell her. 

"Fantastic, I'll text you my address. I'll see you then. Thank you Mila." She sounds incredibly grateful.

"I'll see you then, bye." I hang up the phone and throw it back down alongside my notepad and pen. Luke giggles for whatever fucking reason and I smile at him before burying myself into his chest like a little dog and he begins to play with my hair, twisting it round his skinny fingers and letting little blonde strands flick off the top of my back.

"You're kinda hot when you're working." He says, voice low, almost a whisper. 

"You're just hot in general." I reply and kiss him on the cheek. His cheeks turn a shade of pink and I laugh at his embarrassment at my compliment. Looking down, I see a part in the sheets where something small is sticking up.

Reaching under, I trace my hand along his stomach and down to where his hand lays at his belly button, tapping a rhythm on the sheets. Good lord, I thought that was his dick. I grab his hand and intertwine it with mine. His tattoo is still covered in a layer of plastic sheet to protect it and I can feel it on my elbow. Luke continues to play with my hair as we drift in and out of snoozing until eventually I tell him we need to get up because it's midday and I have things to do.