Chapter Nineteen

"Child, you did not tell me about this?" Gloria splutters as she attempts to take a sip of her coffee. Luke is away on a promo tour for the next week to Matias, Mason and Gloria have stuck around to keep me company for a few days. My parents and Luke's family flew home yesterday. We're currently sitting in a coffee shop next to the pier, hidden behind sunglasses and a giant plant. 

"G, I'm pretty sure I did." I protest. 
"No..." She drags out her sentence. "You told me you slept with him. You did not tell me her was the potential baby daddy to your baby child's."

"Its not potentially. Its a probably not." I remind her and give Mason a menacing look. 

"Why do we always seem to have conversations about sex when we're together?" Matias interjected. "The last time it was about losing our virginity." 

We all burst into a short spout of laughter and an old lady gives us a dirty look from eating her slice of homemade pie. Why have old people got to be so damn rude sometimes?

"This isn't a sexual conversation." Gloria states. "This is a matter of who those three children are going to come out looking like. They're either going to be blue-eyed and blonde, or have hair dark as night." 

"It's Luke's. The dates add up." I tell them defiantly although my stomach twists into knots. The dates do add up, sort of. There's a week between both of them being in my bed and I'm not sure which week is which. "Does Drew, I mean- does Drew think they could be his?" 

Mason gulps. "He's aware." 

"God, you all are so serious!" Matias cries. "Everybody, let's just have a nice time and forget about paternity issues just now." 
"You're right, Matty." My brother always knows how to lighten the mood. "Let's all cheer up. I know what we can do! You can help me think of names. Luke and I still can't decide."

"I reckon you should call them Gloria." 
"Shut up, G." I reply deadpan and she shows a false sad face. "Anyone have any decent suggestions?"

"Amanda?"
"Nina?"
"Erin?" 

"They're all lovely names," I take a sip of my iced latte. "But I was hoping for some more unusual ones."

"Priya?"
"Destiny?"
"Toni?"

"Hmm..." I lap up the last of my drink. "Nothing is really popping out at me."

We decide to take a walk along the beach and grab an ice cream; well as easy as grabbing an ice cream can be. I tire after around ten minutes walking so we take a seat in the sand and watch out to the waves. The beach is busy with families and I suddenly swell with pride at the thought of shoving our triple buggy in the sand, setting up our family picnic and splashing tiny baby feet in the water. It dawns on me that this will also probably be the beach my three daughters will perhaps learn to surf as children, or come to parties as teenagers. It's dawning on me that I won't just have these babies forever, that sooner or later they're going to be up and away and then just like that it will just be Luke and I. 

"Whatcha thinkin' about?" Matias interrupts my thoughts. Mason and Gloria are deep in conversation about Mason's new book. 

"Thinkin' about life, little bro. Thinkin' about life." I reply, tucking a loose strand of hair back behind my ear that escaped in the wind. 

"Have you replied to Riley's letter yet?"
"How did you know about the letter?"
He's silent.
"Matias?..."
"It was in one of the cookbooks in the kitchen. I read it whilst you where in the shower this morning. Sorry."

I sigh. "It's fine. And no, I haven't. I'm not entirely sure what to say." 

"We can reply together if you like?" He suggests. I honestly love my little brother so much. 

"You're a good kid, Matty. You know that right?" I say and wrap an arm around his shoulder to hug him. 

"I know." He replies smugly. 

"And modest too." I say sarcastically in reply. 

That night, after a session with Lia; who's doing really good might I add and Riley and Mason are asleep, Matias crawls into my bed beside me and we decide to write back to Riley. 

Lia is friends with my brother, albeit she doesn't know he's my brother and she's been taking her medication. She's also been more able to control her emotions slightly better and stop her panic and anxiety attacks. The amount of progress I've seen in her is unbelievable and I couldn't be more proud. 

"How do we start?" I ask, holding the pen and paper in my hand. 

"How about 'Dear Riley?'" Matias suggests, a cheeky grin playing on his lips. 

"You're a little shit." 

I put pen to paper and together, we begin to write.

Dear Riley,

Both Matias and I are writing this letter in reply to you. We are writing this to say we accept your apology and also to tell you I am pregnant with triplets, due next March. 

We appreciate you taking the time to realize your mistakes and appreciate your apology, however at this moment in time, we cannot afford to let those back into our lives who have hurt us. We've already had enough of that. 

Maybe, in the future we could meet again and we could try to rebuild our relationship but as of now, we are both in no state to face a person who committed such hideous crimes against us. 

We hope you are well,

Mila and Matias.

///////////////////////////////////

A/N

Hey guys!
Thank you so much for reading!

What do you think Luke and Mila should call their babies??? Leave a comment and I may pick some of my favourite ones. 

-ImJustFabu x