Too Good To Be True

"Chris this place is perfect." I heard my fiance, Angelo, gawk as we enter the fifth house we looked at today. I've lost count on how many we have look at in total, this has been going on for months now.

Angelo and I have been engage for over a year now and after a lot of dissension we finally agreed on moving out of our small little apartment downtown and getting an actual house together. I think we both thought it would of been easier then this because we both had a similar style and we both wanted a place far away from the city but not too far due to work. As it turns out though we have a different opinion on cost. Angelo was also more of a dreamer then me and I hate having to be the realist in every situation but most house he wanted we couldn't afford.

Angelo ran a small tattoo shop and I produced music. You would think we would make more money then we do but with both of being more freelance it was sometimes difficult to find clients or get work. Regardless I think we are doing pretty well for ourselves.

"Baby maybe we shouldn't get to attracted to place before we know the asking price. Plus this place seems a bit old meaning there will be renovation we have to take into consideration to." I said wrapping my arms around his waist.

"But this place is perfect. We both like older styled house."He said with a pout and in that moment I wanted to cave and buy him whatever he wanted, he was so cute I don't know how I have ever been able to say no to him.

"Excuse me?" I heard a women house say from behind us. We were standing in the front room of the house at this point. I let Angelo go and turn to face the women. She was dress in a a navy suit and had her light blonde hair pulled back.

"My name is Cathy. I'm the realtor. Did you two have any questions about the house?" She ask sweetly looking between us.

"Hello it's nice to meet you I'm Chris and this is my fiance Angelo." I said to her shaking her hand. "I'm wondering about the asking price of the house?" I ask her getting right to the point.

"The asking price is set at $466,000." She said and I was a bit shocked. That was way lower then what I was expecting.

"Why so low?" I ask her. If that asking price is that low there was to be something wrong with this house. It's old it might be rotting from the outside in for all I know.

"The old owners would really like this house to be gone. They are already all moved and they want it sold as quick as possible. There is no issues with the house if that's what you wondering. The old owner had just finishing all the renovation around the time that they moved." She said with a smile. "Here is my card no need to make a choice right now call me if you are interested in the house." She said giving me her card before walking away.

"Chris you heard her lets get this place before someone else does. We aren't going to find a place better then this." Angelo plead with me.

"Baby we shouldn't jump into big decisions like that." I said sternly.

"You and I both know we won't find a place like this with that good of a price. Please Chris do this for me." He said and this time I don't think I was going to be able to say no to him. Not only was he giving my those cute little doe eyes but he was making logical sense.

I let out a sigh before turning towards the door that the real estate agent was standing by. "Cathy?" I called and she walking over to us once again.

"Yes? Do you two have anymore questions?" She ask.

"No question but we will take the house." I told her.

"Very well, if you would like you two can meet me at my office around 4:15 and we can go through the paperwork." She said smiling.

After that we had made our way out of the house and I felt Angelo jump on my back. "We finally have a house." He said clinging to me and I let out a laugh.

"We almost do. Come on let's go get something to eat before we have to go meet her." He jump down from my back and we made our way over to our car.

-------

Singing the papers gave us both a high level of adrenaline. After spending so much time looking for the perfect house we found it. We gave our landlord our notice that we were leaving and we had a eek to pack and get out. Which wouldn't be a problem due to the fact that we were able to move into our new house whenever we were ready.

I couldn't help but worry a bit about the low set price and how eager the old owner were to sell the house. Angelo keeps telling me not the worry about it but there has to be something wrong with the place. Right? I'm just hoping it's nothing major and an easy fix.

We had a good start on packing and we were almost done. I was shock at the lack of stuff we had between the two of us. It was quite obvious that we were going to have to buy a lot of new furniture to fill that house but I was excited to make it our own. I was ready to spend the rest of my life with the man I cared about.

At the moment we were sitting on the floor of our apartment wrap in a blanket with all the boxes we packed around us. Angelo was laying his hand on my lap as I mindlessly ran my hand through his soft, black hair. He seemed to be drifting off to sleep and I didn't have to heart to move him. I guess we're sleeping on the floor tonight.