Your Choice

I tried to pull myself away and he tighten his grip on me. "You might want to hear me out right now for the sake of you baby." I could hear the smirk in his vocie and I sent a shiver up my spine. There was no way this could go good for either of us.  

I rolled my eyes at him as I turned around to face him. "Let me at least go comfort him before you start your shit again. You got what you wanted now let me have this. I will be right back because thanks to you he probably won't want to talk with me." I was forceful with every word that left my mouth to make sure I got my point across to him.

"I understand what you're saying but you really want to hear me out right now." He told me as calmly as he could. 

I let out a sigh, giving in and deciding to hear him out. He wasn't going to leave me alone till I did anyways. It's not like I really had much of a choice at this point. "What is it? Be quick about this before I change my mind." I all but spat at him. This was all his fault anyways. 

He smiled at me with a sickly grin as he brought his hands up to the side of my face, along my temples. Just like what he had done to Ange before and the second they touched my skin I feel my eyes slid shut and I was transported to a different place then there I knew I was standing.

It was like the images that flooded my mind were from another world I couldn't decide what I was seeing. I was now in our downstairs living room and it was like I was watching everything move along around me without anyone noticing I was there.

I saw myself sitting on the couch with the TV on in the background. It seems I had just turned it on for some form of a distraction as I was quickly typing into my phone. From the looks of things this was going on later today consider I was still int he same clothes as I was now and I could see the sun setting from behind the blinds. 

The news story that was on the TV quickly change and both versions of me heads shot up the second the women on the screen started talking.

"On one of the busiest back roads in the city were there was another crash. This is one of the the many crashes that we have had this month as construction is happening on this road that is casing many blind spots in the area. 

"Angelo  Parente was driving up this road here when a truck was coming in the opposite direction. The truck drivers name is Pat Kyles and he has been doing this job for many years now and claims he has never had to deal with a road quite like this before. 

"Pat had seen him and tried to move out of the way but when he did response it was too late. The cars collided in a head on collision that ended in fatal accident for one of them.

"Angelo Parente car was crushed underneath the truck which caused him to break his neck and spin. Along with that he had some brain damage  which is what the EMT on site is thinking what was the cause of his death.

"After this incident the township is looking into ways to making this road more safe for on coming traffic. " I heard the news ladies voice continue to go on but she became like static to me as the room slowly started to fade away as I was transferred to watching the crash. 

I was in the backseat of Anges car and I felt like I was tied down, I wanted to reach out and grab him to help knowing what was to come but no matter how hard I tried to I couldn't move.

I saw him wipe the tears out of his eyes and soon I saw the blinding lights coming front he truck in the distance. The moment Ange had become aware of it he slammed on the break but at that point it was too late.

My eyes shot open and I notice I was back in my bedroom. Devin slowly pulled his hands away from my face and took a step back to give me space. I could feel my heart trying to beat out of my chest from the horror that my eyes were met with. 

"Wh-What W-was that?" I stammered out, still in shock of what he had just shown me. My brain wasn't processing it and I swear I could feel my heart breaking in my chest. Was that all true? Could that really all happen? 

"It is what could happen in the further. To be honest with you  probably in the next few hours that is what's supposed to happen. There is a way though to stop it but it comes with a price." He brought his hand up to trail them along my bare chest and I glared at him and batted his hand away. 

"What's that price? I'll do anything I swear." I pleaded with him. This was true and I knew it. No matter what the consequence was for me I would jump at it knowing my baby would be save. 

"I can only change the fate to something like death if it means someone else takes that fate for them willingly." He told me with a smirk that made a chill run down my spin. "So if you want to change his fate you'll have to-"

"Kill myself. That's what you're saying here." I said cutting him off with a blunt stare. "How do you I know you're telling the truth about all of this? There has to be a way to stop it." I ask him, fearfully to hear the answer. 

"There is no way to know you're just going to have to trust me here. Unless you want to want till it's too late for me to do anything about it." I could tell he was challenging me here and we both knew I wasn't welling to take the chance that he would get hurt. Even if it was just a small scratch I would take it for him so he wouldn't have to feel pain. 

"And you can't stop it by calling him home now you'll just speed up the process and something else will happen to him. You never know the other option for him could be more brutal. Do you want to take that chance either?" He knew my answer I didn't even feel like I said it out loud. I said it before and I was telling the truth. I would do anything to keep Angelo save. I owe it to him anyways after the hell I keep putting him through. Maybe this is some form of karma for it.

I let out a hesitant sigh as I processed what I was about to agree to. "I'll do it." I told him and he smiled at me and the second those words left my mouth I start to feel like I was no longer in control of my action. I guess me saying those words gave him some right to do this. Maybe knowing I wasn't fully doing this myself would make it easier for me.

I felt myself slowly start to wake towards the bathroom and over to the skin, pulling the medicine cabinet above it open. It was like I was having an out of body experience as I was doing this. I was watching it all happen from a distance but had no control to stop it.

I saw myself pull a few bottles of pills out off of the shelves. The pills hadn't been used for years I think now. They were a from a car accident I was in a while ago. Neither of us really ever had the time to do anything with them but even with how sick it sounds it looks like they were going to get used now.

Pouring out the contents of the two bottles on the counter I pulled a few into my hand and threw them back into my mouth. I had continued this process a few times till I was getting to dizzy to stand and I collapsed down on to the floor.

I still had a small amount of energy in me and I pulled myself back till I could rest my back against the wall. Soon after I was starting to get tremors that ran  through out my whole body and my vision was going foggy. 

The world around me was slipping away and my last thought was focused on my baby. All I was hoping was Devin wasn't lying to me and Angelo was going to be okay. I hope he would be able to heal from this and know this had nothing to do with him. I never meant to hurt him and at least know I never will be able to again now. 

_______

Thank you for everyone reading who got this story to 2k reads! I appreciate all of you for giving my feedback, voting and taking time out of you day to read my story. I've really loved witting this and I hope you all have enjoyed reading it. I don't know how many more times I can thank you for this but seeing my story get there I was just so overjoyed. I hope you all continue to read this story after this. Once again thank you!