Stranger

A few weeks went by and we try using different natural house cleansing methods that Josh had mentioned to us. I didn't want to get my hopes up but it seemed to be working. The house was quiet and we were both more at ease. 

Ange was still acting strange but he says it's just stress from work. It was hard for me to believe, especially with everything that went on but I was going to trust him. He would know better what was bothering him then I would anyways. 

I had felt less stress and my weird dreams had stop. Well I think they had anyways. I had woken up a few times feeling like I needed to remember my dream and I couldn't. But that was a normal thing for most people I believe. Well at least I think it is. 

We were sitting in the living room, wrapped up in each other arms. Anges hand was resting on my chest and I was running my fingers through his hair. We had some music on playing softly on the other side of the room and we were just enjoying each other company. We barely ever got time like this anymore with both of our work scheduled being so hectic, so we were taking advantage of this time. 

One of my hands were resting in front of his face and I felt him start to play with it which caught my attention. Looking down at him my eye caught his and I was lost in them. I could spend hours looking into his eyes. 

"I love you." He said and my face lite up. It doesn't matter how long we've been together or how many times I've heard him say those words they will always bring a smile to my face. No matter what, nothing will change that.

"I love you too." I said leaning forward and kissing him. Everything seemed so perfect but of course with our lives nothing stays perfect. 

I heard a loud bang outside the house like someone had trip over something. I watched a shadow moved behind one of the curtains that over looked the front porch. We both pulled away from each other looking to the other for a sigh of what to do. Once I had process the whole situation I moved Ange from my lap and stood up slowly. 

"Stay here I'll go check on it." I said to him before making my way towards the front door. I stood by the door with my ear pressed against it trying to hear where they were. I could still hear movement out in front of the porch. Taking a deep breathe I quickly pulled the door open. 

Doing this I saw the person snooping around our house freeze. It was like he was shocked he got caught almost or maybe he thought no one was here. That would be a stupid assumption considering  all the lights were on and he probably could see our figures thought the front window. 

The man standing there was around average height and he had short brown looking hair. He was pale and dressed in a black t shirt and a pair of jeans. He looked to be somewhere in his twenty if I had to take a guess at his age.

"What are you doing?" I yelled at the guy and I took a few steps towards him, still staying on the porch.  

"I-I-." He stammered out. 

"You either answer me or I call the cops." I said to him.

"I was just....Taking a look around the property." He said slowly like he was unsure of himself. 

I shot him a glare. "For what reason?" I spat down at him.

He let out a sigh. "I used to live here. I just needed to see something." He said solemnly. 

With him saying that it was like something clicked and I was no longer filled with rage towards the man that was trespassing on our property, I was now filled with curiosity. He could be the answer to all of our problems. He could explain everything. Well at least I hope he could. 

"You lived here before us?" I ask him and he slowly nod in response. "Would you like to come in?" I ask him and he immediately stiffen. He glace behind me into the doorway and from the look on his face I could tell there was no way I was getting him to set one foot into this house. 

"It's fine. We can talk out here." I told him shutting the door and walking to the steps and sitting down. He moved from where he was standing and slowly sat down next to me. 

"I don't want to talk about it." He said flatly. 

"Ya and I could call the cops on you right now so you might want to answer what I want to know. So why did you move so abruptly?" I ask him and he let out a sigh well scratching the back of his neck. He seemed so stressed out by just mentioning the topic and I actually felt bad for asking but I know that I had to know this. 

"A lot happened when we lived here. At the end of it I couldn't deal with it anymore." He said and I could tell he was leaving things out. 

"We?" I ask him. 

"My boyfriend and I. We bought this house because he fell in love with it the second we walked through the door. Everything was normal for a while and then all of that went to shit but I feel like you know what I'm talking about." He responded.  

Thinking it would be worth a shot I started to dig through my pocket to pull out the key I had found the other night. "Does this look familiar to you at all?" I ask him as I brought the key into his line of sight. 

"Where did you find that?" He stammered out. I could see he was upset by the key but I need to now why. 

"It showed up one night. Why does it matter to you?" I ask him. 

"It was Ricky." he said slowly taking it from my hands. He held it in front of his face, starring at it like it was some glimmer of hope. "He found it in one of the room in the house and he loved it and turned it into a necklace. He used to never take it off." He stared down at it as he spoke. His face trailed off at the end almost like he was more talking to himself. 

 I couldn't help but want to question who Ricky was but I deiced to put two and two together and amuse it was his boyfriend. Something had obviously had happened to him because I could tell how upset he was. 

"If you don't mind me asking what is your name?" I ask him trying to bring the subject to a more lighter place. 

He shook his hand, tearing his eyes from the key. "Ryan Sitkowski." He said to me. 

Then both of us turned around as we heard the front door open behind us. We both seemed to know that with this house you always have to be on your toes,even when there is no reason to be.