Closure

Tapping my fingers against the dashboard as I starred straight a head I felt my heart beating slightly faster then normal in my chest. I knew I was dong the right thing by this but this could go either two ways and that would be the only ways I could see it going. I could either be called crazy and kicked out or he will believe me. The first option seems to be the way it's gong to go in a logical sense. 

The one thing Ricky had ask me when he whisper in my ear last night was that he wanted me to speak to Ryan for him. He couldn't move out the property and he wanted him to have some closure. After everything he's been through this is the least I can do for him. 

Taking in a deep breath I forced myself out of the car and made my way up the driveway. I was already here, there is no turning back now. I have to go through with this.

The house was pretty small but with how frantically he moved I wasn't expecting anything extravagant. He wouldn't of had the money considering he didn't even get the money back from it when it was sold. 

The house was what appeared to be a one story ranch with a wide porch. The bricks were a mixture of white and rust tones and the wood detailing on the windows was a painted a stark black. There didn't appear to be any renovation done on the place in years, even though I could see there was some needed. The door was the small color of the widow detailing with sliver piece on it. 

Closing my eyes I let myself take one more calming deep breathe before I knocked on the front door. I was really hopping he would recognize me from that one night I caught him snooping around my house or else this might be a bit awkward. 

He pulled the door open and he looked a bit different from the last time I saw him. His hair was a lot darker now from the brown it once was and now it was black. He was in a pair of black jeans and a black t shirt and I could see the bags under his eyes. It was obvious that something has been keeping him up at night.  

He looked a bit taken back seeing me standing there but I expected that. I was taken back the one time he was snooping around the outside of my house so I'm thinking of this as a minor pay back. Even though what he did set me off so much more then what I interested in doing to him.

"What are you doing here?" He ask, stammering out in confusion. 

"I just wanted to talk to you about something. Is it fine if I come in for a moment?" I ask him gesturing behind him.  He nodded and step aside, letting me in. Walking in I kicked my shoes off next to the ones by the door and he shut the door behind me.

Without a word he walked to the room to the right of where we were which appeared to be the living room. There was a grey leather couch in the center of the room placed in front of a black wooden coffee table. Beside that there was two chair on either side of the couch in the same material of the couch, both of the chairs where turned in facing each other. The room was pained a dark grey and the floors where a dark brown wood. 

"So what was it you wanted me to talk about?" He ask as he sat down the couch. Moving forward I sat myself down  on the chair to the right of him as I tried to compose myself before speaking.

"I know this is going to sound a bit crazy but there has to be a reason you were even checking out the house the way you were." I said trailing off at the end and he nodded understanding me.

"I don't really know why I checked it all out. I guess I just think he is still there some way. It may sound crazy but it makes me feel somewhat better at times." He answer me. I wasn't asking him to explain himself but hearing that gave me some hope that he would be understanding of all of this and not kick me out after hearing what I had to say.   

"So you do think some part of him is still there in a way?" I ask him, making sure I was understanding what he was trying to say.

"Ya I guess. I mean everything happened so suddenly and what he did wasn't like Ricky at all. It just never really added up to me. I guess I just keep going back trying to find some answers to it all." He responded. The way he talked about all of this I could tell he was more comfortable with it then when he was back at my house. I don't know if it because he isn't afraid I'm going to call the cops on him or just the fact that he isn't being affected by the energy of the house. 

"What if I told you he was still there, would you believe me?" I ask him slowly and I could see the immediate change in his expression.  

"What are you talking about?" He ask me a harsh tone. This was the way I was hoping things wouldn't go. Maybe I shouldn't of jump right into this topic right away. 

I let out a sigh. "I've seen him in the house." I blurted out really fast. Most of my words came out jumbled together and I was surprised that he could even understand me. "He's always in the attic and you said that was his favorite place to be when you two lived there." I finished in a way trying to putting some facts we both knew were true in hopes it would help him believe me.

"If this is some type of sick joke you can leave. I get it your life is a mess but you don't need to pick out my problems for your own amusement." He yelled at me well standing up and pointing towards the door. 

Knowing I couldn't leave things like this for his and Ricky sake I stood my ground. "Listen I'm not trying to be funny with this I'm being serious." I said to him in a calm voice putting my hands up in defense.

"Ya right. Get out now." He said more forcefully this time and I could tell there was no easy way to calm him down. I was going to have to give him some more proof for him to believe me.

"What was it that was on the note he left that night "I'm sorry I had to do this but I'm only trying to make things better for you. You don't deserve what has been going on or what I've done. No matter what there will also be a place in my heart for you, Skeleton boy"  Wasn't that what the note said? That was his nickname for you right? Skeleton boy, he started calling you that from the day you met because you had an obsession for anything with skulls on it." I said to him in a heated tone. I was hoping that all of this would make him believe me. All of those fact were not made public so where else would I have gotten that knowledge from other then Ricky. 

He got this blank stare on his face and he sat back down on the couch. I could tell he was having a problem processing what I just said. It was a lot to take in so I expecting that for him.

"How do you know all of that." He stuttered out. I could tell he was confused and I hated that I just caused him to be like this. 

"Ricky told me that. He said you would have a hard time excepting all of this." I said slowly to him, giving him time to take this all in.  

"You can stay, I'm sorry for all I said, I just, I could understand any of it." He told me stumbling over his words.

"He wanted me to tell you that it wasn't your fault and he's sorry for everything. He didn't want to hurt you, he just got so caught up in everything." I said to him softly. As I spoke I could see his eyes well up with tears a small bit and I look away to give him a moment. I know if I was in his shoes I would want the other person to do the same for me. 

"Is he okay?" He ask me and I could hear the pain in his voice when it cracked.

I gave him a reassuring smile looking over at him. "He is as fine as he can be." I told him. That may of been a lie but I knew that was what Ricky would of wanted me to tell him. Plus he wouldn't even want to know or understand what's going on with him. He doesn't need that to stress about now too, he already had enough to go over right now.

He  solemnly nodded at me as he took in what I told him and I could see that knowing he was okay made him feel a little bit better about everything. I couldn't put into words what he could be feeling right now. I don't even want to think what this would be like if the roles were reversed. I would be breaking down worse then he is right now if someone was talking to me about Ange in this way. I don't even want to know what this is like either. I don't think I would survive it. Not even closure would even help me move on ever.