22

It is past mid night and I'm standing outside of Savannahs house waiting for her. She comes out with a small bag and we begin to walk.

"Why me?" She asked.

"Because if something happens I know you can take care of it." I said.

"Wait-you mean.... Kill you...?" I nod my head.

"I don't think I can do that.." she respond to me. I let out a sight and turn to her.

"Please. You are the last hope our pack might have. Having the dark one out running around will do us no good but make us live in fear the rest of our lives. Our packs have been doing that sine my mother was brought her by my dad. It's time to put a stop to it once and for all." I tell her. She breathes in a big breath and nods her head. By the time we left her house it was around midnight, its four in the morning now and my legs are throbbing from walking since I am still part human. I look over to Savannah and see that she is in the same shape as I.

"Can we shift? My legs are killing me!" she explains. I let out a sigh. Shifting during the day can be dangerous. We could be caught.

"No, not yet. Let's just go to sleep until dawn, then we can shift and make it to the cave a lot faster."

"That sounds great." We find a big tree and make a small camp to sleep in. I close my eyes and drift off into my dreams. I dream about Alex and I growing old together with our big family, I dream about all the fun adventures we will have. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with my soul mate. I am truly blessed. I am suddenly shaken out of my sleep. I jerk up and look around and feel an uneasy setting in my gut. We need to get going. It was close to dawn anyways.

"Get up Savannah!" I say shaking her shoulders. She starts to move and get up "We need to hurry." I whisper. She got the hint and started to shift. I shift showing my gold wolf and start running with Savannah following behind me, if we keep going like this we will be at the cave by morning. As the night goes on and the sky getting darker I start to feel sad due to the lake of my mate. I know he is too because I feel his sadness. He is being strong and I am being strong for him and my pack. I am the chosen one and was meant to do this. I was picked at birth to protect not just my pack but packs from all around the world and that is what I am doing... even if it kills me. This little pep talk only had me going faster. I am proud of Savannah, she isn't to far behind me. Shes a fast wolf, just never showed it. I see the ave not to far off. Time to get the dark one here. I stop and let Savannah get by me.

"what now?" she asked as we shift back to human form.

"now I get him here and fight him. You stay out of the way and if I get pushed or pulled into the cave or the darkness gets into me ypu go back to the pake and tell them what happened here you tell them that I will be fine and to never come back over here."

"brook! Im not letting you fight this alone! I am by your side the whole time. We are a pack. A family. I will not let my future Lana get hurt."

"- and I will not let my pack get hurt or even killed for something that has nothing to do with them!" I used my alpha tone on her. I didn't even know I had. Looks like my inner Alpha is coming out. Savannah had no choice but to listen to me. I then start to walk when I realized I forgot something. I ran to her and gave her a hug. "im sorry, you seemed like a great person and all we did was fight threw out our life's. You are a true friend Savannah." She starts to cry and hugged me back. "one more thing.. if the darkness gets into me you take this dagger from me and kill me for the sake of our pack. Got it?" she nodded her head as I walk away. Time to end this for once and all. I run down to the cave and start to scream his name drawing him to me.

"hello dear." He said. I turn to face him. "mad are we?"

"its time for all of this to end."

"oh I agree dear! So join me in my adventures." He states.

"never! Id rather die then give into you and the darkness!"

"oh but my dear that's the only choice you have."

"I beg to differ" with that said I ran towards him taking him to the ground I punch and kick him trying to keep him down. I reach for the dagger but I cant find it...

"looking for this? He said as he held it in his hands... the only thing thst can get rid of the darkness is in his hands I start to walk backwards as he walks towards me with the knife. I can feel the cave coming up closer, all I have to do is get him inside. He runs to me but I move and run the other way hoping her will run into the cave. Sadly he didn't but followed me. I ran to the other side but he was able to catch up with me and grab me. I start to kick and scream doing whatever I can to get out of his grasp. i look to see where he was walking to and see it was the cave. What is he doing? Is he willingly going into the cave? I then feel a sharp pain on my forearm I look at it and see it coming from the knife. He then bites his palm and rubs our wounds together. "now that my blood is in your system you won't be able to leave." He said smirking.

"No ! No!No!" I said kicking even harder.we get closer and closer as I see my future start to disaber. I let my mind link open when I hear.

"keep fighting baby!" it was Alex.. "I love you baby and we will be with you soon!" I let those words encourage me to fight even harder. I dig my feet into the ground and flip him over my back. He grabbed my hair and pulled me down to the ground with him. Half of his body is in the cave so now he cant leave...

"this isn't over yeat dear!" he still had my hair in his hand as he started to pull himself in and me with him.

"Savannah!" I sream. She was down in a flash and had my waist in seconds pulling me the other way. "my hair! Cut my hair!" I scream she pulled out the dagger I gave her before I went down and cut off the hair. Thankfully it was only an inch...

I fall back and see him mad. Hes stuck in there..

All of this is over....

The end.