Chapter Seventeen

Sydney? Sydney? Princess wake up. I opened my eyes and was blinded by light. All I could see was white so white it hurt my eyes. When my eyes finally started to adjust I noticed I wasn't alone. My eyes adjusted and I stared deeply into his blue-green eyes. "Louis?" I asked. He stared laughing slightly and nodding. "Hey princess" he whispered. I had a small smile on my face as we just stared at each other. He cupped my face then pushed my hair back, his touch sending comfortable shivers through my body. Our face started leaning towards each other until footsteps barged into the room. We looked at who it was and I almost jumped from the bad and attacked them all with hugs. "Guys!" I yelled as they rushed over to me and trampled each other. "Hey sweetheart" Hank said as he got a full hug from me. "How are you feeling" Lori asked, pushing him out of the way. When Jared got a chance he kissed my cheek and squeezed me tight. "I'm glad you're here". I sat up in my bed and smiled at all of them. "I never thought I'd see you again" I told them. They returned the smile sat down with Louis. Wait...Louis?

I turned my head towards him and stared at his smiling face. Every feature was there: his eyes, smile, nose, everything. But if I'm here, how is he? "What happened?" I whispered to him, making the room slide into an awkward silence. His smile faltered and he grabbed both of my hands in his. "We were dying at the same speed. They didn't know who would live longer and if they waited to know then there wouldn't have been a victor. They couldn't choose who to save without a riot, so it was both of us." I kept staring at Louis not knowing what to say. We both won? Isn't that impossible? He cupped my face with both hands and looked me deep in the eyes. "You saved us both. You were willing to kill yourself so we could be forever together and that's exactly what happened, only in a different way." When he ended that he kissed me passionately, probably making everyone else uncomfortable, but I didn't care. I was going to be with him no matter what, and no one could stop me.

A few days later...

"You look gorgeous, as always" the interviewer told me. I looked down at my red dress. It went up to my mid-thigh and the skirt shimmered when I moved. My waist was wrapped in a gold studded belt and my top held up nicely with only the thin strap over my left shoulder. My hair was curled over my right shoulder and my red lips shined with the lights. I had orange sparkly eye shadow that matched my soft orange open-toed wedges that people probably wondered how I walked in. Louis was next to me in a red short-sleeved shirt buttoned all the way to the top. The rest was just black except for his yellow and orange watch. We were sitting on a couch with me between Louis' legs, his arms wrapped tightly around my stomach and my hands rest on his forearms.

"Thank you, but you mostly have to thank Jared, my stylist. Without him I wouldn't be allowed in public" I joked, causing everyone to laugh loudly. "Then I'd get you both all to myself" Louis mumbled into my neck. I found out after everyone left my room that the baby wasn't effected at all and was completely healthy. Louis meant for only me to hear that but the microphones caught it and everyone started awwing or clapping. I turned my head to face him and received a light peck on the lips, which I returned gratefully. "Ok lovebirds, as much as I love this we must continue the interview. Do you guys know what you're naming the baby?". "We were thinking Jared is it's a boy, after her brother, and Sage if it's a girl" Louis answered.

"Aw that's so sweet! I hope everything works out well. But now onto a more serious topic, what were you thinking when Louis was stabbed with that arrow?" the interviewer asked, obviously scooting up in his seat to hear better. I took a deep breathe and answered, "I was scared out of my mind. I knew I wouldn't be able to help him and there was nothing I could do. I knew I couldn't live without him so I coward out and went with him". Louis squeezed me tighter and planted a soft kiss under my ear. "How are your cuts?" the interviewer asked me. I looked at the inside of my wrists briefly before showing them to the world. Everyone gasped when the saw the red scars going across my wrists. I skimmed a finger across them lightly before hiding them with Louis' arms. "You can judge me all you want, but I know why I did it and for a good reason so I'm not that sorry. I love Louis and he loves me and that's all that matters".