A Romantic Gesture

I stared down at my phone awkwardly, debating whether to pick it up or magically disappear under the floorboards. I felt Ash's eyes staring down at me but I refused to look up.

"You gonna get that?" he muttered.

My eyes flickered from my phone back to Ash. "Err... It's just work."

"Dotty, you don't have a job..."

"Oh yeah, silly me." I laughed nervously. "I'm just gonna go take this..." I slowly backed away. "Bye then." Without a second more, I dashed out the room. For some reason I found it impossible to talk about Mason in front of Ash. He always seemed to get awkward and broody whenever Mason came up.

By the time I'd reached my room, my phone was buzzing again. This time I picked up the phone. "Hello Hello Hi," I said.

He chuckled. "Nice greeting babe." I cringed at the word babe. That was the one pet name I couldn't stand. Do I look like a pig?

"Thanks bruddah." Maybe I shouldn't call the guy I was seeing, bruddhah. Calling someone brother, definitely had strong friend zone vibes. "So... sweetplum." Nice save. "What's up?"

"Look outside your window."

I immediately became worried. "Mason what's out there?" I breathed heavily. "It's a trap isn't it?."

I slowly shuffled closer to my window.

Suddenly something flew threw the window and whacked me on the face causing me to let out an excruciating scream that resembled someone getting murdered. I fell to the ground, completely disorientated and noticed a small rock lying beside me. What in the world...

"Shit Dotty! Did that hit you?" I heard Mason's voice yell from far away.

I ran to the window and peered down at Mason standing there with stones in his hand. I sent him a death glare. "What the hell Mason, why are you trying to kill me!"

I heard my door swing open from behind me. It was Ash. "Dotty what the hell happened? I heard you scream." His eyes widened. "God, you're bleeding."

I was?

I caught my reflection in the mirror and grimaced when I saw blood dripping down from my forehead. It looked a loss worse than it felt. Before I knew it Ash and taken hold of my head and was carefully inspecting the damage. I smiled slightly when I saw how genuinely concerned he was.

"Shit Dotty! I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for the stone to hit you." Mason yelled from below.

Ash let go of me and walked to the window. "Do you make it a habit of throwing stones at defenceless girls?" He snarled. "Do you get a kick out of it or something?"

Hey! Who was he calling defenceless? I was taken by surprise. I could definitely have taken that stone if I'd been warned.

I was still completely baffled as to why Mason decided to throw a stone through my window- If it was a piece of chocolate I'd understand. "Yeah Mase, I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of stones."

I felt bad for Mason, he looked so consumed with guilt. "Babe I'm so sorry, I had no idea your window was open," he explained. "I was trying to get your attention."

"Mason, look to your right." I pointed out the window. "You see that? That's a door," I said in a slow voice. "And that small button beside it... that's a doorbell. Use it."

Ash laughed. "What a moron," he muttered under his breath causing me to shoot him a glare.

"I know how to use the door, I just thought this was more romantic," he said in embarrassment. "I didn't mean to nearly blind you."