10 - Firestarter

Just a quick authors rant guys!

There's a lot of books on here where they feel the need to have drama in every single chapter and honestly, each to their own. Some do it amazingly but I'm personally just not a fan of forcing silly "dramatic" issues that can sometimes appear petty. So if you're expecting intense drama in every chapter, the chances are slim. Yes, there will be drama, massive drama coming soon. That I can assure you, but I can't promise it will be in every single chapter. I prefer to raise the suspense of the story and lead up to the drama of the main plot of the story. Just like some of the traditional books out there.

Also, if you think I should change something in my story then I'm all for constructive criticism because I do take it seriously and want to try and give you a great book but to just leave a comment telling me you didn't like it doesn't help me in any way. I'd rather you just leave my book alone and not comment if you didn't like it or if it didn't do anything for you.

RANT OVER! Thanks guys xx

* * *

Please listen to Firestarter - Samantha Jade for this chapter

* * *

After what seemed like an awful day, I'm glad that my bad luck had ended at school and thankfully when I told Alena that she couldn't come to the restaurant, she was OK with that fact. I think it helped that she got along with Lisa.

Tonight's shift went really well. It was helpful that people were really generous with their tips tonight. They were oblivious to how much their tips were actually helping my sister and I.

"Thanks for your hard work tonight Avery" Tom smiled at me as I'm walking out of the staff room.

"Thanks Tom. Have a good night everyone" I smiled and waved to everyone else still working. When I opened the door to exit the premises, the cool summer breeze went through me as I let out a deep sigh of relief, knowing I was only a few minutes away from a well-deserved hot shower.

I would be lying if I said my feet weren't killing me tonight, I felt like I was on the run for the last 4 hours. I was ready to go home, have a shower and sleep in till midday tomorrow. Wasting no time, I got in my car, I turned the ignition to my car to get it going, only for it to stutter repeatedly and then nothing.

Dead silence.

Hell

No

I turned the ignition again out of desperation and nothing.

'No,no,no,no,no,no,no please don't do this to me!'

I angrily leaned forward slamming my head against the steering wheel, causing the horn to scream for a millisecond before I quickly lifted my head back up.

Feeling defeated, I looked up through the windscreen to see if anyone had noticed my embarrassing tantrum and there he was, leaning against the side door of the restaurant smirking at me with his arms crossed against his chest.

I stared at him for a few seconds before slowly getting out of the car "What are you doing here?"

"Dropping my brother off as per my mum's orders, she's working tonight. You?"

I pointed up at the 515 sign "I just finished my shift and was on my way home but my car had other ideas."

Jaxon's eyebrows shot up in surprise "So you're the new worker at 515?" My eyebrow raised in question at him. How would he know about this? What has he been told and by who?