Bonus Chapter

"Can't wait to see you!"

The excitement out of her voice was enough for him to cringe, instantly wanting to cancel this date. What was he thinking, agreeing to go out with Brittany?! He knew she wasn't his type but he thought "Why the hell not, can't be that bad right?"

Wrong.

Now he knew why he avoided girls like Brittany, she fell into the category of girls he always tried to avoid. There are three types of girls in high school;

1) Girls who only wanted to have fun, no strings attached. You meet up once and that's it.

2) Girls who want the fun but also want the popularity your name is attached to, so they become clingy, desperate to become popular

3) The girls who keep to themselves, ultimately they are good girls, they don't do one night stands. They are relationship material and generally don't care about your popularity.

Brittany fell under the second category, girls he always tries to avoid and now somehow, he has a date with her that he can't get out of. He's not going to lie, he prefers no strings attached. Jaxon is not the type of person to want to have a relationship, it's been a good year or two since his last girlfriend, that's the relationship that scarred him from girls and being tied down.

Jaxon needed to stop focusing on this date because it was wearing him down, letting out a sigh, he got out of his car. As he opened the front door, he could hear his mum talking on the phone in the kitchen.

"Yes! Thankfully! I found a young girl who's willing to do those hours. Yeah, you were on your lunch break."

He half listened to his mum but was only focused on the fridge, desperate for some kind of snack to keep him fulfilled until dinner was ready. His mum turned and waved at him before proceeding with her conversation. Being as quiet as he can, he made a sandwich before sitting next to his mum at the dining table.

"There's something about her, she just reminds me of me at her age, you know?"

Curiosity started to get the best of him as he saw documents in front of him, slowly but surely he grabbed the resume to read it. He managed to make out the first name "Avery W.."

"Excuse you!" His mum accusatory tone caused his head to snap up as she snatched the resume out of his hands.

"Sorry Ma" Jaxon chuckled as he raised his hands up in defence before focusing on his sandwich again. He tried not to eavesdrop on her conversation but it was extremely hard since his mum was sitting right next to him and he could clearly hear Tom on the other end of the line.

"It says you put your details as the emergency contact? Is that right?"

"Yes Tom. Leave that as is. Do not discuss that with her, just confirm that it's already been dealt with. I have a good feeling about this girl and don't want her to run away because of minor details."

"Sounds good boss, I'll deal with all the formalities when she comes in and keep you updated on her progress."

"Thank you Tom! Enjoy your day!"

Jaxon had finished his sandwich long ago but he sat there waiting patiently for his mum to finish so that he could bombard her with questions, mainly for his inquisitive mind.

"So did you manage to hire a new waitress?"

"Yes, she's new to town, I told her about your school so if you see her around.... Be a good boy and introduce yourself!"