18 - Jealous

I have no idea if you guys even care but here's another one anyway;

Fun fact about me: My favourite perfume is Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh. What fragrance can't you live without?

 What fragrance can't you live without?

* * *

Please listen to Jealous - Nick Jonas for this chapter.

* * *

After spending a couple of hours with each other, Isaac managed to successfully convince me to play along with this crazy idea of his. So we went from the cafe straight to the mall to buy some disguises for me. Well for Isaac to buy because he was hell bent on me not spending my money, according to him I was "being ridiculous" whenever I grabbed my wallet.

I ended up deciding on a blond wavy wig, Sky blue eye contacts and a skull shaped motorbike mask which covered my face from my nose down. The less skin I showed, the better. I was content with the fact that you could only see my eyes. I didn't want to give Isaac the satisfaction of knowing that he did in fact come up with a really good plan, but he already knew he did. He kept saying things like "This is a good plan, you know it is" "Just admit it, I can sense it in your smile" "I won't judge you if you agreed."

By the time we got back to school it was close to finishing with 15 minutes to go, thankfully that was my official study period. Well the end of it anyway. Considering I was gone for two hours, I was hoping that no one had noticed. Maybe they just assumed I got into serious trouble or the emergency was so bad that I had to leave? I didn't even care at that point because it was worth it.

When he pulled up at school, he parked furthest from the windows. Once he switched off the ignition we sat in silence like that for a few minutes. It was never awkward to sit in silence with him because it literally felt like I was just sitting with my brother.

"What's in it for you?" I had to ask. I had this bad feeling inside of me that there was a catch to me racing again, even if it is just one race.

"Nothing" he said as he placed an arm behind my seat and turned to face me.

When I didn't respond, he lightly grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him "I swear to you, there is no catch. I'd never do that to you. I'm just trying to help you out."

I slowly nodded as I took in his words and gave him a forced smile to show that it didn't bother me "Okay, I trust you."

And I did trust him. I guess I'm just so used to people having other motives with me that I was scared that he would eventually become one of them. I should have known better because Isaac has always tried to protect me and be there for me, unfortunately we both fell short with Noah. I think a part of Isaac feels guilty because Noah was his best friend and in a way, allowed the relationship to happen, not that this was his fault. Let's be real, this couldn't have been prevented, what Noah wanted, Noah always got.