28 - Let Me Love You

Fun fact about me: I never thought I'd see the day that I would admit that I'm a Belieber. But I'm a bloody Belieber. Who else is Belieber here?

* * *

Please listen to Let Me Love You - Justin Bieber for this chapter.

* * *

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah all good just a rough night"

"Don't stuff this up Jaxon"

I could feel the vibrations from Jaxon's chest as he responded. I could just make out bits of the conversation between Jaxon and Bianca, or maybe it was Lisa? Their voices sounded really similar so I wasn't sure which one it was, all I knew right then was that I was an embarrassing hot mess last night and then I fell asleep on him.

'How does one wake up from that?'

I almost didn't want to wake up, I didn't want to face him and see the look of disappointment on his face when he realised I wasn't perfect. I wasn't as put together as he thought I was. Noah used to always remind me that because of the way I am, my environment, no one would want to love me except him because he "accepted me for me."

I knew I had to face the music, I couldn't just stay here sleeping on his chest. I opened my eyes and lifted my head up to make that dreaded eye contact with him, to my surprise his eyes were kind as they looked into my eyes. He smiled warmly at me before greeting me a good morning. Before I could respond my phone started to ring, not giving it a second thought thinking it was Isaac, I answered.

I knew Isaac's voice; this voice was a lot deeper and huskier on the phone. It's a voice I heard every day for a year and a half.

"Ava"

I sat up as my eyes widened in shock, I unintentionally I looked at Jaxon for some kind of guidance. Jaxon sensing my shock asked me what was wrong but I couldn't respond, Noah's angry voice echoed through the phone "Who the fuck is that?! You better not be cheating on me Ava!"

"Noah. We broke up. I broke up with you a long time ago. Get it through your head and leave me alone!" I yelled through the phone, hanging up in the middle of his sentence

"WHO THE FUCK DO YOU-"

I let out a deep sigh before throwing my phone on the couch. "Do you need me to talk to him? I'll happily introduce him to a wall?" Jaxon asked which caused me to laugh, I shook my head as I smiled at him. I wanted to address the elephant in the room but I was too scared to. I let out a shaky breath "I'm sorry about last night" I whispered as I lowered my head in shame.

"What are you sorry for exactly?" The sincerity in his voice caused my to lift my head up and look into his eyes. I couldn't understand it, why wasn't he ridiculing me? I just shook my head slightly, unable to answer him.

"Are you sorry because you opened up to me? You let me in and let me lend a shoulder? If that's the case, then I'm not sorry at all." He said as he shifted forward to lift my chin up to look at him.

"Breakfast is ready!" Bianca yelled out from the kitchen. Jaxon dropped his hold on me before placing a hand on my lower back "Let's go before she really gets riled up"