19 - Cool Kids

Fun fact about me: I carry my diary every where I go in case I come up with ideas for a book.

* * *

Please listen to Cool Kids -  Echosmith for this chapter.

* * *

Thank God it was Friday. It had been a really trying week for me. When I came here several weeks ago, I was supposed to keep my head down, mind my business and just complete senior year with no issues. Somehow that all completely blew up in my face. Now I have Isaac back in my life (not that I'm complaining), I'm not on talking terms with Jaxon which is irritating me more than it should and I have all the teachers talking about College, like it's something we all have to look forward to. Little did they know.

"So, can I go?"

'Huh?'

I looked at my sister with pure confusion written on my face.

"Did you zone out on me again? Avi?! Can I go? Please, please I'll be good I promise!" She said, jumping up and down with her palms pressed together in prayer.

"Wait. Go where?" My eyebrows creased together in confusion.

She began to roll her eyes at me until I cleared my throat causing her to instantly stop her movement.

'Damn straight'

"Penelope is having a sleepover after school tonight and they are all going. Please can I go?"

"But what about our movie night?!" I was shocked that my sister literally had more of a social life than me.

"Can we do it next week?" She started to beg, I could hear the whine in her tone of voice before she even opened her mouth again.

I let out a sigh "Fine, but if Penelope's mum tells me you weren't good, I swear Alena you will not be happy with me. Understood?"

She let out a squeal before jumping on top of me "I swear, I'll be on my best behaviour Thank.you.Avi.you're.the.best" she said in between kisses she was planting repeatedly on my cheek until I started laughing.

"Okay okay. Now I need you to do me a favour"

She stopped instantly with huge eyes filled with excitement as she nodded in animation.

I got up to get the item and then returned, I lifted the box for her and there sat my helmet that I used to wear when I raced "Feel like bedazzling this for me?"

I had to smile at the way she looked at me with pure eagerness as her little fingers were wiggling, dying to get a hold of my helmet. I knew I couldn't race any time soon but I'd rather get it prepared just in case. Besides, it was a helmet Noah had engraved for me and I didn't want anyone to recognise it. Or better yet if I ever did race, the last thing I wanted was my name plastered on my helmet.

"Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!"

She grabbed my helmet and ran into her room, I smiled at how adorable my little sister was. Thankfully she was so excited at the idea of "bedazzling" my helmet that she didn't stop to question why I wanted it done.