38 - Do You Remember

A/N: We are ranked #523 in Teen Fiction! Woohoo! Please help me spread the word about my book! Tell all your friends who you think will enjoy it!

* * *

Please listen to Do You Remember - Jarryd James for this chapter.

* * *

"One cookie and cream milkshake for Ma'Lady"

I reached out and wiggled my fingers in excitement as Nikki giggled before giving me the milkshake.

"You're a lifesaver Nikki"

"What are best friends for right?" She said as she playfully winked at me. I patted the side of my bed so she could lay down next to me. I wasn't surprised Nikki found out about the incident, apparently she was with Isaac when he had called me and heard the outburst between him and Noah. She explained to me that Jaxon had called Isaac asking if I was ignoring everyone's messages or just his. Isaac found it strange because I've always responded to messages hence why he rang me, the rest is history.

"So have you spoken with Jaxon?"

I let out a sigh as I fiddled with the straw of my milkshake, "I saw him yesterday, he was completely normal with me but we haven't spoken about US. I didn't really get to actually speak with him though"

"You didn't tell the group about me being in here did you?"

Nikki shook her head and smiled at me "Of course not, it's not my news to tell"

I saw her fidgeting with her milkshake and I knew she wanted to ask me something, "What's wrong Nikki?"

She let out a whimpered sigh as she turned to look at me with pure sadness "Please don't leave."

I was supposed to leave before Noah had found me, logically I should move because he obviously knows where I live but at the same time, I'm tired of running. I'm tired of being afraid of Noah, he uses my fear against me and I've had enough. Besides, I'm sure now that he's in custody I'd be much safer.

"I'm not going anywhere"

* * *

"What do you mean 'He's gone', how can he be gone!?" I screamed out in horror

Isaac shrugged guiltily, "I tried to stop him but he got the better of me. This is all my fault"

I shook my head in anger, "This is not your fault Isaac! Why haven't the cops been able to locate him?"

"He just vanished into thin air"

Noah was always good at disappearing without a trace, that's why I've always been so afraid of him. I lowered my head in defeat as I tried to think of my next move.

"What are you thinking?"

I looked up at Isaac as I tried to decide if my next move was a good idea or not, "I need to find a new place if I'm going to stay"

He stared in shock before his smile slowly started to appear on his face, "You're staying!? Thank God!"

"Stay with me!"