23 - Treat You Better

Please listen to Treat You Better - Shawn Mendes for the chapter

* * *

I looked at Alena who was already giving her best puppy eyes imitation, nodding softy at her I placed my bag back onto the chair and resume my spot next to Jaxon on the dining table. I wasn't going to lie, I knew I wanted to spend the day with him, I had missed talking him. That was a fact.

Just as I sat down Lisa had walked in "Avery! Alena! Hey girls!"

"Lisa!!" Alena cheered in excitement as she got off the couch, running into Lisa to give her a bear hug.

"You know them?!" Jaxon's shocked tone asked Lisa.

"Yeah, she babysits Alena for me" I intervened.

"Small world. What are you up to tonight Lisa?"

"Nothing, I'm chilling with Jonny tonight" Lisa answered as she ran her fingers through Jonathan's hair to mess it up.

"Hey!" Jonathan's angry tone echoed as he tried to fix his hair again.

"Don't you have that party tonight?" Lisa questioned as she made her way to the kitchen.

"Yeah change of plans though."

"Wait, don't cancel your plans because of me! We can just go home" I said in disbelief.

He just shook his head at me "No stay. I'd rather hang with you" I instantly blushed as soon as those words were said by Jaxon.

"Why don't you just take her with you, keep Alena here with me?" Lisa said as her eyes practically penetrated through me.

My eyes roamed over to Alena who of course was now paying full attention to the conversation. I looked back at Lisa and Jaxon before slowly shaking my head "No it's ok. I'm not going to stay long so you can still go to the party."

Jaxon rolled his eyes before leaning forward to place both hands on the table "When's the last time you actually did something an eighteen year old is supposed to do?"

I had a really good think about the question.  Come to think about it, I go to school, do my homework and work. Last time I checked, all eighteen year old's did this. I knew I was in denial of course, because when I had said that to them I was addressed with Jaxon's laugh and Lisa's groan. I have no idea how, but Lisa not only managed to get Alena to beg that she stay and watch movies with her and Jonathan, she also successfully managed to get me in her room and before I knew it, we were both choosing "the perfect outfit" for tonight. Her more so than me.

Lisa was definitely into fashion, but it was a little dressier than what I was into. Give me a good pair of jeans, a plain top and a leather jacket and let's call it a day. It would take a lot of effort for me to rock a dress, in fact, it would have to be an occasion that was extremely important to me, for me to wear a dress.

"How about this?" Lisa asked as she brought out the fifth short dress, immediately making me cringe at her, with a quick laugh and eye roll she places the dress back. I watched on as Lisa stood in front of her walk-in wardrobe, waiting for something to catch her eye.

"Honestly Lisa, I'm happy with a nice pair of pants and a top. Keep it simple for me" I pleaded with her. With that piece of information Lisa began to snap her fingers in excitement as she dove into her wardrobe. Figuratively speaking.