Death (1K Special)

(A/N): Now, this may be a sad (actually, it is sad, very sad in fact) part to the story, but I promise you it will end satisfying. You can choose to read it if you want. This is a sad part was requested by The-Anime-Panda. I hope I didn't make it too sad for you! >_< I'm still taking requests for anyone! You can request again if you want to! I won't mind! ^_^

He stood in front of her grave, eyes casted down at the grass.

No...I can't...

He couldn't believe it. Her death was something that ate at his heart and soul, all day and everyday.

Why did you have to leave...?

Her death was caused by disease. As the days went on, his happiness turned into constant worry as his wife started to become weak unexpectedly. The couple thought it was just the flu or strong cold. Even Shinra passed it off as the flu. When (Y/N) started to get even worse, Shizuo decided to take her to the hospital, but it was too late.

If only I could go back...If only I knew...

She collapsed on the floor on the night before her appointment, and Shizuo quickly called the ambulance. She was immediately rushed to the emergency room. Celty, Shinra, Anri, Masaomi, Mikado, Kadota and the rest of the van gang showed up to the hospital with Shizuo. Heck, even Izaya, Shizuo's archenemy, showed up to the hospital, as he was a friend of (Y/N) as well. The room fell in utter silence when the doctors and nurses came out of the emergency room, and announced that (Y/N) Heiwajima...had passed.

I want to go with you...please don't leave me here...alone...

News spread around of her death, and none of her original family came to visit, as they were dead. The funeral was held, everyone paid their respects, and it seemed like everyone moved on, but it wasn't the case.

Everyone became utterly depressed. They all knew, Celty, Shinra, Kadota, Walker, Erika, Togusa, Mikado, Masaomi, Anri, and Izaya, that things were never going to be the same. (Y/N) was like the sunshine to them. She would always brighten up the mood when her friends were sad. When times were tough, she provided comfort to everyone that she was close to. Perhaps this was the reason why Shizuo fell into a deep hole of grief.

Without his wife, the one that he truly loved, he could not function properly. He was so sad yet angry at the same time for not being able to do anything to save her. At her funeral, everyone saw the strongest man in Ikebukuro cry for the first time.

Why...?

Not even the sight of Izaya bothered him anymore. Why would it when he had more important things to think about? Izaya had also fallen into depression, but not as deep as Shizuo.

So there he was, at her grave, with a bouquet of her favorite flowers clutched tightly in his right hand as tears rolled down his cheeks. The gloomy sky casted down rain that muffled the sounds of his crying. It was the first time that the strong man had cried so much.

"(Y/N)...Why...?!" He screamed at her grave over and over even though he knew it was pointless. No amount of screaming and crying could bring (Y/N) back. Her spirit eventually knew about Shizuo's crying and came out of her grave, illuminating the darkness that surrounded Shizuo. He noticed this and stopped crying.

"(Y/N)?" Her hand reached out and gently cupped his cheek, the warmth from her ghost-like hand spreading throughout his body.

"Shizuo...It's me, (Y/N), her spirit." Shizuo's arms instinctively reached out and hugged the spirit to his body. He desperately missed (Y/N).

"(Y/N), why did you leave me? Why did you have to leave so early?" Shizuo felt her arms wrap around his chest.

"Shizuo...I didn't mean to leave so early. I didn't mean to leave you all. I wanted to stay longer. I wanted to be with you, Celty, Shinra, and all of our other friends." He heard soft whimpers before looking down at her. She was softly crying on his chest. Her tears failed to stain his vest though, as she was a spirit. He softly stroked her hair, and she looked up at him, observing his tear-stained face and tired, sleep deprived eyes behind his blue sunglasses.

"Take me with you, (Y/N). I can't stand this life anymore..." (Y/N) softly frowned at his request.

"Shizuo, please don't say that. I love you." Shizuo protested gently.

"But (Y/N)! You're my wife! I want to be with the one I love most, even if it means death! You are the one who accepted this wretched strength of mine, and you are the only one to ever love me. You are my sunshine, and without your support, how will I make it through this world..?" Shizuo kissed his wife's spirit's lips sweetly, before pulling back and continuing.

"I'll never be able to forgive myself. If only I knew that this was going to happen..If only I go back to warn my past self about this, then you would've been alive..." Shizuo felt tears brimming at his eyes again, but decided to forcefully push them away. "I miss you, (Y/N)." Her eyes casted down at his shoes.

"I miss you too, Shizuo. Please don't forget about me." Her plead struck the strong man's heart.

"I won't, (Y/N). As long as I live, I won't ever forget you. Please be here for me, at least. I don't want to be alone..." His voice was desperate and sincere.

"I'll always be here for you, supporting you through the toughest of times. Please don't think that you are alone Shizuo, because I will be here, and all of our friends will be here too. And promise me that you won't kill yourself, Shizuo. I love you, and I want you to naturally follow me into the next world. It is time for me to go now, but I'll always be in the atmosphere around you, the stars in the sky at night, the sun in brightest of days, the flowers in the endless fields of grass. No matter what, I will be supporting you. Just remember that."

"Bye, (Y/N). I love you." Shizuo felt tears slowly stream down his face in silence.

Her spirit smiled and gave him a quick peck on the lips before disappearing into the sky, where she cleared away the dark clouds and illuminated the night sky with stars. Shizuo was alone again, drenched in the aftermath of the rainstorm. He looked up to the sky and made a promise to his deceased wife.

"(Y/N), I promise I won't kill myself. Until the day comes when my soul be taken out of this world and into the next, I'll live my life...for you." To others, it may have looked like he was talking to himself, but he knew that was wrong. Once he spoke his words, the sky became even brighter, and Shizuo gently smiled to himself.

Because even though he couldn't physically see his wife, he knew she was with him at all times.

He placed the flowers on her grave and walked away. He sadly chuckled to himself.

"I didn't even ask her if I could ever see her again..." His hand reached up and pushed up his sunglasses. He continued on his way home, silent tears rolling down his eyes.

This was the turning point.

It was time for him to not move on, but live.

Live as long as he could

For (Y/N).