Beanie Kid

Dylan and I walked into Economics together. Everyone looked at us. I don't know if it was because I was new or because Dylan is really popular. I don't really care. Roe and I will probably just have to leave again.

Dylan went to the back and took his seat next to unknown faces. I awkwardly stood at the front looking for a seat. I finally found on in the middle row. It was two back from the front of the room and two in front of Dylan.

I set my bag on the back of my chair and waited patiently for class to start. Right before the bell rang a kid walked in. It was a guy who was dressed in dark jeans and a black shirt. He was also wearing a beanie. I only got a quick glimpse at his face. From what I saw he was hot. He stormed in and took his seat in the back right corner.

I glanced back and saw that he had his arms crossed and was looking straight ahead. He must've sensed that I was looking because his eyes darted towards mine. I quickly averted my gaze to the front of the class again. I felt the blush creep on my cheeks.

Thank god the teacher came in to distract me from the current blush on my cheeks. "Good Morning class. I hope everyone did last nights reading." His eyes caught mine and widened. "I see we have a new student. Care to tell us your name?" He announced to the class. Embarrassment flooded my cheeks. I'm sure I look like a tomato right now."Paige." I mutter. "Well welcome to Economics Paige. I'm Mr. Michelson. Now class if you will turn to page...." He kept talking but I didn't listen.

The next classes passed uneventfully. After my last class before lunch I tried to find my locker. 287. Where could it be? I pass the 400 locker and keep going down. Geez for a small town they sure have a lot of kids in this school. I look at the locker next to me. 300. I keep walking straight and find my locker 287.

I open my locker and shove my books inside. I close it and shriek when I see Hailey there behind it. "Oh my god! Hailey, you scared the crap out of me!" She chuckles and goes to lace our arms together. The hallways are mostly empty, except for the few kids who are still in their lockers.

"How was the first half of school?" I think for a minute. Nothing exciting happened. I rack my brain trying to find something to say. "Not much." I murmur. "I'm sure it will get better. Come on everyone is at the table already." We pick up the pace and finally get to the cafeteria.

Hailey leads me to a table filled people I don't know. Except for one. Dylan is sitting between two empty seats. The rest of the table is full. "Guys, this is Paige. She is our new friends so be nice." Hailey says cheerfully.

I take a seat next to Dylan who hasn't looked up from his phone yet. I sit there awkwardly while everyone else converses except for me and Dylan. Dylan finally glances over and his eyes go wide. Hey "Paige! When did you get here?" He asks completely confused. I chuckle at his obliviousness. "Hey have you guys me Paige?" He asks the rest of the table. Everyone turns and looks at me and Dylan.

"Yeah. She's been here the whole time." One guy with blonde hair says. "I'm Jack by the way." Jack sits right next to me with Dylan on the other side. They go around the table introducing themselves. Next to Jack is Racheal. She has red hair, and when I say red I mean blood red hair. The next girl is Sydney and she is apparently dating the guy next to her which is Ryan. Next to Ryan is Hailey.

"Okay, so if I got your names right it's Jack, Racheal, Sydney, and Ryan." I pointed to all of them and said their names. I recognized Sydney from my Math class and Ryan from my History class. 

The rest of lunch goes by fast. They mostly talk amongst themselves. I didn't say much the entire time. When the bell rang signaling us to leave the lunch room Hailey came up beside me and we walked to my locker. I got my things and walked to her locker. We had the next class together was Chemistry.