Epilogue

"Keep your eyes closed." Theo said while guiding me around his house with a hand wrapped firmly around my waist.

"They're closed." I said with a chuckle. "Trust me." I lifted one hand to feel around and make sure I wasn't going to bump into anything. My other hand was laying on top of Theo with our fingers interlaced.

I almost tripped when my foot made contact with something hard. It's the stairs. "Lift your foot." I did as he asked and started to walk up the stairs. I managed to only trip twice but Theo caught me both times.

He let go of my waist and started to pull me in a direction. I heard the familiar squeak of his door opening. He led me in and onto his bed. He pushed me down so I was sitting down.

I felt his presence leave and the sound of the door shutting. I opened one eye just a bit. The curiosity was getting to me. "Keep. Them. Closed." Theo scolded. I quickly shut my eye again. I sighed.

"Hurry up." I groaned.  

"Okay, okay. Calm down." I heard shuffling in his chest of drawers. He shut the drawers and I felt the air rush around me as he knelt in front of me.

"Open."

I opened my eyes and saw him holding a box. I know what you're thinking.

WHAT THE HELL! IS HE PROPOSING?! THEY ARE ONLY IN HIGHSCHOOL!

No. Don't worry. It wasn't a red velvet ring box. It was a long rectangular, cardboard, striped box.

"If it was already hidden in your room, why did I have to close my eyes all the way to your room?" I asked, eyeing the box that was in his hands.

"It was for dramatic affect." He gestured for me to take the box again. I slipped the box from his hands and looked at him, waiting him to stop me from lifting the top from the box.

"What is it?" I asked before opening it. "If it's a spider, I will kill you." I threatened. Theo chuckled and shook his head.

"It's not a spider." I looked at it wearily before slipping the top from the box.

In the box was two rectangular pieces of paper. "What are these?"

"Plane tickets." He shrugged.

"To?" I asked eyeing the pieces if paper.

"Anywhere you want."

I looked up to meet his eyes. "I don't think you can buy tickets to anywhere. How?"

"My father just bought a part of this air line company and made a great donation. As a favor, the company gave him tickets that are good for anywhere." Theo explained. When I still didn't respond he started to ramble.

"I mean if you don't want them I can give them back to my dad. I just thought that since it's your birthday I would give you the tickets and we could go wherever you wanted but if you don't want them I-," I cut his off my wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him in to meet my lips.

"Theo," I said pulling back to break the kiss, "This is the best birthday present that I've ever gotten. Thank you." I said and pulled him into a tight hug.

"But I thought I said not to buy me anything for my birthday." I scolded in a loving way.

"Ah, but I didn't buy them. They were given to me, which now saying it makes me sound like the worst boyfriend ever." He said and looked down to his hands.

I laughed at him and wrapped my hands around his. "Theo, this is actually the first birthday present I've gotten since my-"" I trailed off. Theo looked up at me to see my frown.