Pool?

I think I might have confused a few people last chapter. Roe is not back, per se. She is awake now, but she is still in the hospital. I'm going to need to go back and fix that in the last chapter, sorry.

Anyway, enjoy.

*** 

"She won't get you, I promise

"She won't get you, I promise." Theo kept saying in my ear. It's no use though, the tears kept pouring out of my eyes. "I will do anything to keep you from her."

She was going to take me back. I was going to be with her again. Good bye freedom and freewill, I was going to go back to helpless Paige again.

"You'll do anything?" I ask wiping the tears away with the back of my hand.

"Yes, anything." He says firmly

"You have to teach me now." I said and pulled away from Theo. He looked so confused.

"Teach you what, exactly?" He said, slightly cocking his head to the side.

"To fight. You have to teach me to fight, or at least defend myself." His eyes glistened with emotion.

He didn't say anything at first. It was clear he was having a battle on the inside. "Theo, please." I begged. It was clear which side was winning. Just to make sure he said yes I pulled him on for a hug.

"You said you would do anything. It's to protect me." I whisper close to his ear. I hear him exhale and I let go of him and back up.

"Okay." I sigh in relief. Thank god. He slips on his black shirt and then his jacket.

"After school tomorrow we'll come here, I guess." He says dejectedly. I don't know why he doesn't want to help me now. He was going to teach me to fight before. What changed.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. We should go." And then he takes my hand and leads me out in the fighting room. The place is still a full house with people cheering at the top of their voices. I even saw a group of girls lift up their tank tops to flash the fighter.

A part of me is jealous that Theo is around all of this a lot, but I push that to the back of my head. He leads me through the crowd and finally up the stairs to the game room.

Cole and Dallas are standing there waiting on us. Cole hands me my leather jacket I told him to hold when we went down into the fighting arena.

"Thanks." I slip on Roe's jacket and then quickly shrug out of it again and hand it to Theo. The boys look at me weirdly.

I cant wear that knowing she will be here soon. Some how, someway she will figure out that I had it on.

"What?" I snap. They avert their attention, except for Theo. When I meet his eyes, they slowly look away. I cross my arms.