Trouble

Guess who's back, bitches! I've been gone for about a month.

I'm sorry about that but here you are, a new chapter of Drowning in Chaos.

***

Theo's P

Theo's P.O.V

Hearing the sirens get louder I pushed my legs to carry me towards her. I needed to see her before they caught me.

I cut down an alleyway that led to another street just in time for the police car to keep going straight. I slowed my pace and saw the school up ahead.

She has to be there. I don't have much more time. They will find me soon.

Walking through the gate of the school I thought I saw her figure sitting in the bleachers with a book in her lap.

I call out her name when I get close enough. She gasps and closes her book and faces me. She sets her book beside her a rushes towards me.

"What the hell happened?" She asked picking up my hand to inspect the cuts. She looks up and her eyes run over my bruises and wounds on my face.

Even though Chad was already hurt, he still put up one hell of a fight. I beat him until someone pried me off him and called the police.

I left his unconscious body laying in the pavement outside the apartment building and started running after I snapped out of my daze.

"What did you do?" She asked, her eyes searching mine. I looked away, afraid to see disappointment. That's what I fear most. That the person I love will see me as a disappointment, like my father.

"Theo?" She called out. Her voice was pleading. I met her gaze and didn't see disappointment. Instead I saw worry.

"What did you do?" She begged me.

"I was fighting for you. That's what I told you before, that I would fight for you.....because I love you."

I saw tears cloud her eyes. I now felt worse. I didn't want to make her cry. That's the last thing I wanted to do.

She wrapped her arms around my body and hugged me tight. "I love you, too." She started to cry. I wrapped my arms around her tiny frame lightly, afraid that I might hurt her.

"You have to tell me what you did." She said and pulled back. I immediately missed her warmth. Just then I heard the sirens in the distance. They kept getting louder.

She stepped back from me and looked at me with worry and concern. "You're in trouble?"

I nod my head yes. Suddenly she grabs my hand and starts to pull us to the woods. "Let's go." She says and takes off running. I follow her and soon we are in the woods enough that we cant see the school.

She slows her pace to a walk. I walk beside her. "I beat Chad really bad. Someone called the cops."

"Is he alive?" Paige asked after a few moments.

"I don't know." She nodded and kept walking.

"So I'm helping a possible murderer hide. I can be put in jail for this, you know."

I never thought of that. Paige could get into serious trouble for this. If Roe finds out that I did it, then Paige will be in more trouble than before.

I stopped walking. "You're right. I can't let you get into all of this." I start to walk back to the school, by now the police will be there looking for me.

She grabs my wrist and pulls me back to face her. "I'm already in this. Besides that's what love is, right? Making sacrifices for the ones you love? To love them unconditionally no matter what they do?"

"God, I love you." I say with a smile. Her lips turn up at the corners. She stands up on her tip toes and presses her lips to mine. The kiss was slow, like we were savoring it. It felt like a good bye kiss. Too bad I don't want to say good bye yet.

I pull her closer and press her body close to mine. I nip her bottom lip, causing her to gasp and giving me enough time to slip my tongue in her mouth.

She broke the kiss and leaned back. Her lips were puffy and red. She grinned a little. "We should go before the cops look for you out here."

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Somewhere." She answers. "I just need time to think of a plan." She interlaces our hands and pulls us deeper into the woods.

"I just realized something."

"What?" I ask.

"We're like Bonnie and Clyde." She giggles. Oh, what that laugh does to me.

She ended up taking me to the spot in the woods where she would go and look out at the city. She sits down in the dirt and leans up against a tree. She closes her eyes and sighs.

"We need to know how bad the injuries are. We need to know if he's alive." She said and took out her phone. Paige dialed a number and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" Cole's voice rang through the speaker.

"Hey. Can you do me a favor?" She asked. Jealousy races through my body.

"Why do you have Cole's number?" I ask Paige

"Theo! Where the hell have you been!" Cole's voice yelled.

"I've been busy." I answer.

"Dallas and I have been looking for you everywhere! Your mother called me crying because the police are looking for you and all you can tell me is that you were 'busy'."

"Is he dead?" Paige's tiny voice asks.

"No." I release a breath the same time Paige does. Thank goodness. "But he's pretty bad. Broken ribs and nose. You busted his nose. He's still unconscious."

"Thanks, Cole." I say and hit the hang up button on Paige's phone. I sit down next to Paige lean against the same tree.

"Roe's my mother." I hear her whisper. I sit up and look at her wide eyed.

"What?" I ask astonished.

"My parents weren't really my parents. They were watching me while Roe was is rehab. Roe escaped and killed my parents and took me." She explained while tears brimmed her eyes.

"Roe said that he would kill me if I told anyone. About the beatings, her being my mother, her killing my parents. But I see no other way to get you out of trouble than to go to the police and tell them everything. That will get you out of trouble and it will get me away from Roe and Chad, maybe."

"What do you mean maybe?"

"If the plan fails and they don't get taken away then you will still be put in jail and I'll die. She wasn't kidding when she said she would kill me. She's done it before and she's not afraid to do it again. That's why we have to make sure the plan goes along perfectly." She meets my gaze and a tear slips down her cheek.

"You know damn well I'm not going to put you in a situation like that."

"I don't see another option, Theo. I've already said it before, love is about sacrifice."

"Yes, but you are sacrificing your life!"

"She wont hurt me. The plan will be perfect. I'll handle it."

"You said that last time. You most certainly don't have a handle on it." She leans her forehead against mine.

"Trust me?" She begs.

"I trust you, but if anything happens to you, Paige. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself."

"Nothing will happen to me." She leans in and pecks my lips.

"I'll be fine" She says and leans in again.